September 2016: Hits & Misses

Hit: Annabelle's Ultra Conditioning Souffle
This was nice to use after my henna treatment, nice slip, very, very soft hair.
However, I like the moisturizing conditioner a tad, tad bit better. It's something about that formula my hair loves. I think it's the hydrolized wheat protein but I wanted to use something totally protein free.

Misses:

Black tea rinses

I knew there was a reason I stopped. They make my hair hard like a protein treatment. Gonna try something else for shedding... probably going back to oils

Redken Cleansing Crème Shampoo

I know this works for everyone else but it didn't strip my hair, just made it feel slightly tacky/coat/stiff/hard. I've used it a few times now with the same results.

Mane n Tail Detangler

I look for a detangler to detangle even if my hair is unusually hard or stiff and also provide some kind of softness/suppleness. This did not do that... it didn't really do anything.

However, I like the moisturizing conditioner a tad, tad bit better. It's something about that formula my hair loves. I think it's the hydrolized wheat protein but I wanted to use something totally protein free.
Love this stuff.

I'm not sure if she reformulated but the ones (moisturizing conditioner) I have contain SAA. It makes a big difference. I like the soufflé more because of the slip and moisture without protein effect. However, I stick to using the soufflé in the winter, it works way better in dry weather. At least that's been my experience.

The moisturizing conditioner works better for me in humid and less dry weather.

Miss:

Using two purchasing passes already (one was an extra received from hubby so that I could support APB, so I still have two passes left, but still).
:cry4:

And I had to postpone purchase of the steamer, too.

I really hope that Sitrinillah is as good as folks say it is. At least the BULK of my money went to APB.

I'm not sure if she reformulated but the ones (moisturizing conditioner) I have contain SAA. It makes a big difference. I like the soufflé more because of the slip and moisture without protein effect. However, I stick to using the soufflé in the winter, it works way better in dry weather. At least that's been my experience.

The moisturizing conditioner works better for me in humid and less dry weather.

Okay, this is a great breakdown. I might need to get another souffle. :drunk:

Miss: Creme of nature argan oil shampoo...

When I first tried it I loved how soft my hair was but there was a part of me that wondered if the softness it gave me meant it was leaving build up. I used it for around a month and everything seemed fine but then I tried to do a braidout. No matter what I did it came out frizzy and undefined.

Finally I thought maybe I should try my regular shampoo bar instead of the creme of nature shampoo. I did everything else the same but this time I noticed a stark difference in how my hair behaved. It was very defined unlike before. I braided it up for my braidout and took it out this morning. I have beautiful, defined, yet soft hair.

Now I know it was the shampoo that was causing the problem just like I felt it was. So I will no longer use it and I'm back to my shampoo bar.

Hit and Miss:
Wash day and twist out. Hit because I have the softest hair, nice twist and I really can't complain. Miss because like @shawnyblazes i left the house with hair poppin and came home with hair that was stopping nothing but people needing a laugh. The SM LP Detangler has glycerin and QB ABCDEFG Butter has honey. I'm not mad at the moisture; it's really like :drool:
Just the puffiness.

Feel like I should have sealed with gel.... Which leads me to trying flaxseed gel on my next twist out :dizzy:

Back