September 2010.........What Did YOU Buy This Week?? (Hair Care Edition)

Redken Overnight Treatment (to see if it can substitute my beloved but too expensive Kerastase Noctogenist) so far it looks good.
a box of 80 slide-in pins for my rollersets (MsKibibi and RabiaElaine have suggested these in their rollerset youtube videos)

Updated: Just came back from the BSS, I got more gray rollers, a box of the slide-in clips that I found for much less at Sally's :lol: so now I have 2 boxes (!!), Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea restructurizer spray, a new drawstring ponytail for PStyling this winter, Roux Rinse in Black and Lottabody Olive Oil setting lotion.

Last edited:
Tuesday I purchased 2 Vatika Frosting and 1 Whipped Cream from the Hairveda sale... I assumed I was done, silly me. I just went back and purchased some SitriNillah condtioner.

I swear I'm done for the month of September, but my bday is on the 23rd so I already know I'm lying! SMH

I bought some new wide tooth combs (one for regular combing and another for detangling after wash or co-wash). I also bought Kinky Curly's "Knot Today" leave in conditioner to use on my new growth (I'm at 13 weeks post in my transition). So far I LOVE it. I couldn't believe how easily my comb slid through my hair :woot:

This week I was on vacation in a city with stores that sell Miss Jessie's and Kinky Curly.

I bought some things to try for the first time:

-Kinky Curly Knot Today
-Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding
-Miss Jessie's unscented Curly Pudding
-Miss Jessie's Stretch Silkening Creme

MTG from amazon.com
Hair Steamer I heard so many good things, and I've been debating for over a month. I finally broke down and bought one.
Shower filter I bought this for overall health, but mostly for my hair. We shall see (I just ordered today)

I was good this week :grin: I only bought a pink "stay on satin" headscarf. I had been wearing a stocking cap because it stays on really well all night but hubby was a little put off by it :lachen:

Silk Element Mega Silk Olive Oil Treatment
FutureBiotics Hair Skin and Nail Vitamins
Home Health Castor Oil

(At least those are the items I purchased today and will keep. Everything else goes back tomorrow. Darn PJ-After-Payday in action!)

I was proud of myself this payday...all I brought was

Vatika Frosting from Hairveda sale
Amala Cream Rinse
Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship Conditioner
Vaseline for my ends
Satin sleep cap

Wanted to order some more stuff from Hairveda but they are closed til Oct. :-(

Hairveda:

Gallon of Moist 24/7
Methi Setiva set
Vatika Frosting

Jasmine's

2 Nourishing conditioners (1/2 price sale)
2 Avocado & Silk conditioners (on sale $11 for 8oz)

Lacio Lacio leave in
Silicone Mix.shampoo (tried it today and wish I would have bought it sooner )
Hair accessories
Vitale Life & Body regular (thinking of trying the Shea Butter one next t-up)
Hair net
Adore rinse Intense Red

I won't need to buy a lot this month. So far I bought 5 bottles of AO WC. I am going to start using mega-tek again so I also purchased garlic pills.

I've been thinking about getting AO WC. How has it been working for you? Since you bought 5 bottles I'm guessing very well.

Beany I really like the AO WC. It is not at thick as HSR. I have to add an oil when I DC with HSR because it's so thick. AO WC I just wear as a leave in. I don't care for the smell, it's a little strong for me. So I usually add about a quarter size of HE Hydralicious conditioner for the smell.

Last edited:
I purchased the Giovanni Direct Deep Moisturizing Shampoo and the 50:50 Balanced Conditioner, I'm going to try it for the next few weeks and see how it works. 3

Morrocan Oil Conditioner & Hydrating Styling Creme. (Staples)
VS So Sexy Nourishing Conditioner (Staple)
Biosilk Conditioner, Leave in & Serum (Staple - Serum. The rest didn't do anything for my hair)

ntm, nexxus humctress, plastic bags for dc'ing/ baggying, hair clips, so sexy conditioner by victoria secret, some more combs (i keep losing them for some reason) and if christophe leave in conditioner goes on sale i will be scoopin that up 2

Oriorganics.com sale: Ordered Fri, 9/17/10; received Wed, 9/22/10

Curl Styling Buttercream: Style Cream
Creamy Mango Curler: Curl Cream
Moisture Balancing Buttercream: Leave-In Moisturizer (Re-up; very moisturizing)
Curl Restorative Masque: Deep Conditioner

Jasmine’s Bath and Beauty Products sale: Ordered Fri, 9/10/10; received Mon, 9/20/10.

Shea Souffle Natural Body Butter (love, love, love this)
Babassu Butter Cream Xtreme Conditioner (love this. Works well on its own)
French Vanilla Pear
Hello Sugar
Orange Cream Cupcake

Jane Carter nourishing condish. meant to get the leave in but got the regular condish by mistake. Its nice so far :)

Ooooh I had a flare up and bought Cold Pressed Castor Oil, Orange EO (to mask the smell), 99% Aloe Vera Gel and Avalon Organics Lemon & Shea Butter Clarifying Shampoo.
Oh and I ordered my JBCO!!! :yay:

Back