Senghori Shells Hair

I am getting my install tomorrow!! Woo and hoo! I'm really excited... ;) I took my time this past weekend and last to dye up my bundles. The 1B in natural rhythms came in looking a little too light/red. So I dyed it to match my hair color perfectly. My hair is like an off black/dark brown.

I'm nervous because I've never had a weave before so I wonder how my head will feel. Lol.

Yay!

LivingDol1 said:
I am getting my install tomorrow!! Woo and hoo! I'm really excited... ;) I took my time this past weekend and last to dye up my bundles. The 1B in natural rhythms came in looking a little too light/red. So I dyed it to match my hair color perfectly. My hair is like an off black/dark brown.

I'm nervous because I've never had a weave before so I wonder how my head will feel. Lol.

Yay!

Where are the pictures!!!

@mimi0410

The hair is back in stock!:grin:

lol I will NOT be caught slipping again! seemed like when they restocked in April it immediately sold out again! But I got in on some about 2weeks ago! And its a good thing I did because they are running low AGAIN! Lord I wish I knew who their vendor was..cut out the middle man!

Last edited:
I'm dying my hair to and I want to dye my SS hair and have it installed later. How does this hair do with dying? I have graduation this Saturday and I don't wanna ruin my weave.

I'm dying my hair to and I want to dye my SS hair and have it installed later. How does this hair do with dying? I have graduation this Saturday and I don't wanna ruin my weave.

I dyed up my bundles a few shades darker and I had no issue. I proly left the dye on longer than I should have because I was taking my time applying the dye evening to the entire length of the weft in my sink.... But I conditioned it and rinsed and let it air dry. The texture was the same as it originally came.

I will suggest feria. Their conditioner left the hair soft. I used a different brand on the first bundle and the hair felt slightly drier/rougher.

Where are the pictures!!!

Hi!

Sorry, I haven't been in the Hair Forum much so I forgot to post...

I got my 2nd install with the same hair yesterday. I am soooo in love with this hair. The NR suprisingly matches my texture pretty well. I have had some shedding, but i didn't seal the hair before i had it installed.

in the first photo, that is my first install. I asked my stylist to leave out more hair on top that usual because i wanted to option to change my part when i wanted.

the second time, she braided up more hair and she gave me a side part, which i will keep. i prefer this method of installing because the ends of the top row are hidden better. before, when i would wear a ponytail, i could see the end bump more visibly. the last 2 pics are that install.

i love this hair and my stylist! i will be ordering more hair later this summer.

my ONLY complaint about the hair is that after i wash it myself, it is very hard for me to flat iron out the kinks. the hair has a more defined/regular wave pattern and my iron just cant get hot enough. it only goes up to 400 degrees. my stylist told me to try applying bio silk before passing the iron over. i will try that...

Last edited:
i ended up buy some bss hair cause my hair turned out to be a 4/33 mix but it came out really nice for graduation

Yay!

LivingDol1 What brand of dye did you use for this hair? I have Natural Rhythms in 1b but it's too brown/too light. I love the hair but I want it darker for my next install.

LivingDol1 What brand of dye did you use for this hair? I have Natural Rhythms in 1b but it's too brown/too light. I love the hair but I want it darker for my next install.

I used two... Lol. Because I couldn't find the same color in the first brand. I just used feria in a darkest brown color that I felt matched my natural hair color.

Update on the natural rhythms.... Okay this is very subtle to notice but I can't stand the way that the kinky wave in the hair is very uniform. To me, that screams weft. And kink is resistant to my flatiron, and even my stylist's... That's not what my blow dried hair looks like!

Anyway, I am swapping to Indique hair from the bounce collection for now... and thus far, it's really great as a straighter texture and the strands are less corse than NR. Still seeking that perfect textured hair that looks like my blow dried hair though....

Update on the natural rhythms.... Okay this is very subtle to notice but I can't stand the way that the kinky wave in the hair is very uniform. To me, that screams weft. And kink is resistant to my flatiron, and even my stylist's... That's not what my blow dried hair looks like!

Anyway, I am swapping to Indique hair from the bounce collection for now... and thus far, it's really great as a straighter texture and the strands are less corse than NR. Still seeking that perfect textured hair that looks like my blow dried hair though....

:yep:The most recent batches of senghori are more wavey and resistant to flat ironing for some reason. I dont like that either.:sad:

LivingDol1 said:

This is what I found with this hair also, I would not purchase again at least not in the natural texture.

LivingDol1 have you tried EPRT. I thought it was the best fit weave for my 4a/b hair!

I got natural rhythyms a couple months ago and it flat irons well, with very minimal crinkle left. I did crank the temp to 430 to get it out though. I also split and sealed the wefts. I think that made a big difference.

Hi! I'm ordering relaxed rhythms this time.... And getting a closure(not from them). 16" and 18". Lol. Hmmm.... what happened to the time I ordered 12" and 14"?? ;) I will proly be shocked by the length and ask for a major trim.

Anyway, I didn't like indique's bounce hair. It has so many split ends!!! And after my 2nd install, it started to tangle.... Alot! Never had that problem with SS.

Omg yes!!! I took down my Indique Bounce and got ready to reinstall. Tangle City. And it felt so filmy. I clarified, deep conditioned, air dried. I was soooo irritated because that hair was expensive!!

I have to say my last batch of ss is flat iron resistant and will not hold a curl. I have natural rhythms but i don't i would buy from them again. My hair poofs into a big ole puff ball no matter what i try to do it even braid outs don't hold, which i have never seen before. I'm glad it was a wig and not a weave because i would have been even more pissed off.

I have to say my last batch of ss is flat iron resistant and will not hold a curl. I have natural rhythms but i don't i would buy from them again. My hair poofs into a big ole puff ball no matter what i try to do it even braid outs don't hold, which i have never seen before. I'm glad it was a wig and not a weave because i would have been even more pissed off.

Yeah, I had that problem with Natural Rhythms. My stylist tested the Relaxed Rhythms swatch I brought in and it curled fine. So I'm happy I made the switch.

Very disappointed in Indique though. Seriously.

I have the hair installed now. The stylist was able to get it pin straight but she warned that you need the highest heat setting (450). I've flat ironed it twice myself. My Jilbere doesn't have the degrees listed but I put it on max (setting 30) and it straightened out well as long as I make the sections medium. Each time the hair stayed straight until the next wash. I usually bantu knot the hair nightly and have soft curls the next morning which turn into waves later in the day. I haven't used a curling iron or wand.

My issue with the hair is the shedding. However, I did split the wefts and sealed. She also cut the wefts during installation so perhaps if I didn't split or have them cut, the shedding would not be so pronounced.

I have the hair installed now. The stylist was able to get it pin straight but she warned that you need the highest heat setting (450). I've flat ironed it twice myself. My Jilbere doesn't have the degrees listed but I put it on max (setting 30) and it straightened out well as long as I make the sections medium. Each time the hair stayed straight until the next wash. I usually bantu knot the hair nightly and have soft curls the next morning which turn into waves later in the day. I haven't used a curling iron or wand.

My issue with the hair is the shedding. However, I did split the wefts and sealed. She also cut the wefts during installation so perhaps if I didn't split or have them cut, the shedding would not be so pronounced.
loulou82 are you using a closure?

Back