Senghori Shells Hair

LivingDol1

Hi Ladies,

I'm getting my first install in March. I'm super excited because I decided to go with Senghori Shells Natural Rhythms hair. I placed my order yesterday. :) :)

Is anyone else currently using this hair? Reviews to share? Not sure if I should split any wefts. I'm not sewing it in myself so I'm inclined to not mess with it too much.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT split the wefts! Especially if you have hand tied wefts. If you do split them, make sure to seal them. I am currently wearing the hair now and I love it! It looks very natural. I cut it to about BSB/BSL so it would look more natural. It very rarely sheds or tangles. Overall the best hair I've tried so far. I got relaxed rhythms.

ETA: Here are better links:
http://i44.tinypic.com/2iabixd.png
http://i42.tinypic.com/ftedc8.png

Attachments

• IMG_1813.jpg
    IMG_1813.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_2044.jpg
    IMG_2044.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 536
Last edited:
My daughter wears this brand, natural rhytms and its a PERFECT match for her. If she lets me snap a cell pic, i will post it here.

I use and it matches my hair pretty good. Plus this is the only hair I have ever used that has very very minimal shedding and no tangles. I have some in now that's been used over 3 times since July.

kibbles318 said:
I use and it matches my hair pretty good. Plus this is the only hair I have ever used that has very very minimal shedding and no tangles. I have some in now that's been used over 3 times since July.

ETA: I sealed with the weft sealer they sell

I got my first install with this hair in January and I love it. I’m texlaxed and this is a nice match to my texture. As other ladies have mentioned it sheds minimally and I have not experienced really bad tangling.

The only con is more so from my stylist who felt the wefts were somewhat thick —but she’s used to working with Extensions Plus wefts.

Hey, I just got this hair installed in 18 inches & I ordered the hair tied weft because that's what they had left online. I ordered two packs and used both. My hair stylist didn't cut my hair at all. It holds a curl really good and there isn't any tangles.

IMAG1615-1.jpg

IMAG1659-1.jpg

I like the texture. It matches my EPRT closure, and I have not experienced any tangling. It sheds a little bit, but I split the wefts ( I did seal). I wish didnt split the wefts. it didnt hold curl very well.

I just got this hair in the mail! So excited! I ordered 12" and 14". I am having regrets and wonder if I should order a pack of 16" hair. I don't want it to be too much longer than my real hair. I don't even think my stylist will use all 8 oz. i have a smallish head.

Also, the 1B matches my color decently enough but there are all of these light/red/blonde hairs mixed in! this is weird to me! I don't want highlights! my own hair is dark. i bought a cheap box of darkest brown 1b hair dye and i think i'm going to dye the hair. has anyone dyed this hair?? i hope i'm not making a mistake.

and the wefts are thick-ish. i wonder about splitting only some of the hair. i wonder if i can split wefts while in the salon chair. lol. oy. maybe i should email my stylist about her thoughts...

ms.tatiana your hair looks great! what color did you order? did you split any wefts? it looks amazing!!

Hey, I just got this hair installed in 18 inches & I ordered the hair tied weft because that's what they had left online. I ordered two packs and used both. My hair stylist didn't cut my hair at all. It holds a curl really good and there isn't any tangles.

IMAG1615-1.jpg

IMAG1659-1.jpg

ms.tatiana said:
LivingDol1 Thanks. My hair is 1B and I got 2 packs and my stylist put both packs in and did not spilt my wefts.

ms.tatiana

How do u blur out or edit out faces in ur photos? I wanted to show the pics that I have but they face shots. I never got a chance to take "hair only" photos and didnt want to keep putting off posting my pics.

I ordered this hair last October. I bought the Natural Rhythms in 14 & 16 inch. I love the hair. I also split the wefts & sealed with HE101 weft sealer. The hair has minimal shedding & no tangles for me. The only con I have is it doesn't hold a curl well unless I use Caruso rollers. I always flat iron the hair & it matches my natural flat ironed hair perfectly. It even puffs up with humidity like my natural hair. I ordered the 1b color but it was too brown for a 1b IMO so I dyed it jet black using Revlon box dye. It took the dye just fine.

I always get compliments on it & people can't believe it's not my real hair. I made a 3/4 wig with mine.

image-1322569468.jpg

Here is a pic with it flat ironed.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Last edited:
MRJ1972 said:
ms.tatiana

How do u blur out or edit out faces in ur photos? I wanted to show the pics that I have but they face shots. I never got a chance to take "hair only" photos and didnt want to keep putting off posting my pics.

Photoshop, photobucket any kind of photo editing site or app.

Photoshop, photobucket any kind of photo editing site or app.

Thanks I still cant figure it out....I tried doing it from my phone....Luckily other's have posted great pictures...I am such a slacker with posting pics, but I really mean well ladies....I's sorry! :nono:

I love Senghori Shells..its a line that a lot of folks sleep on, but I think the word is spreading because right now they are Sold out of Natural Rhythms :sad: I am natural and Ive worn both Relaxed Rhythms and Natural Rhythms. Currently I have NR installed and I absolutely love it. It truly matches my natural texture when flat ironed. RR was a perfect match and I thought you couldnt get any better but NR IS even better. I prefer splitting the wefts w/NR but I caution anyone who does to seal. I use HE101. I went over it twice on each side to be certain and no shedding at all. I prefer splitting because while the wefts are sturdy given that my hair is really thick...the tracks just lay better. And its much lighter feeling--the hair just flows---love love love it! Ill try to come back and post picks.

I will be honest I made the switch from RR to NR because the last purchase that I made of the RR was not up to par---the hair was much more silkier than it had been in the past :nono: I was so disappointed. Ive been wearing SS for over a year, and had never been disappointed with RR. Hopefully this is NOT a sign of things to come. But so far nothing but good things to say about the NR.

Last edited:
LivingDol1

Did you get your install yet?

i am getting my install in 2 weeks. I received the hair already. texture looks pretty good. I ordered 1B but there were random red/blonde strands in it. I guess I felt like the hair looked a little light as well. So today, I just dyed the 12" bundle in 1B off black.. Fusion brand? Anyway, that worked out well and it matches my hair color just perfectly.

OK so i won't split any wefts. I emailed my new stylist and she says not to worry.

I need to get another box of hair dye for the 14" bundle. I'll probably do that tomorrow or dye it next weekend. So excited! :grin:

Back