Self-Introduction

Casarela

Hi everybody , Ive been on LHCF for years back when it was free to post but never really posted that much.

My hair 411...

BC 3 times in my lifetime and this one is the last ...Ive learned my lesson the hard way .

I BC back in 02-03 when I decided to find out what my real hair texture was like...It was a harsh journey for teh first year than after it was awesome till I reached a certain lenght and got lazy and got my hair texlaxed.

I was getting my hair texlaxed at this dominican salon in Montreal for few years , I grew my hair MBL to 2 inch over WL when I went on vacation to see my family in Morocco for 2 months.

Got some highlights in Morocco it was HOT ...when I came back to Montreal went up to my hair stylist told her I would need to texlax because of the massive growth . My hair stylist somewhat felt disrespected because I did highlights in Morocco and str8 up told me that it was ugly . Which was kind of fishy but No I didnt listen to my intuition and stayed and got my hair JACKKKKKKKKED UP she permed my hair all over my highlights . In the end I had to pay her 70$ for jacking my hair and for seing my hair down the drain. 2 weeks after I developped some type of alopecia on my left side where I received 10 cortisone shots on my scalp to help my hair come out because my skin was damaged.

To make the story short...Im back to natural I BC in Dec 07 and I cant afford to risk my hair on some chemical box because my hair strand is fine . Plus I dont feel like learning how to apply a perm or to do touch every 3 months. Dont get me wrong im not against it my hair was nice and long texlaxed . I just decided to work with my hair and not be lazy anymore.

Casarela

Well I hope third time is a charm for you. It sounds like this time you have a lot of wisdom and experience behind your BC so it will probably stick. We look forward to the pictures!

yes as soon as I get my new cam ill post pics !!! Im very optimist on this journey because I have experienced so many things in the past years and I know what ill be facing as I gain lenght and thinkness. Im ready!lol

Hey there,

Welcome aboard! You've got a lot of wonderful support on this forum with your natural hair journey :grin:!!!

Welcome Back!!

sorry to hear about your hair woes... we all have been there, relaxers were the culprit for my hair's damage. I wish my hair could have stayed healthy when I was getting relaxers but my hair was trying to tell me otherwise for decades that it didn't like the chemical!! Therefore I am listening to my hair now:lachen:.... I just cut off all the damaged relaxed ends too!

Congrats on your bigchop.

and Here is to success on your healthy hair journey!!!

Back