see how long her hair is now!!

Sera's hair is amazing, and her length progress is too! Kudos to her for being able to handle all that hair, and keep most of it on her head!:grin:

Love Sera's hair. Her and Kemi (not to be confused with Kimmay) were the first really kinky haired folks I ever saw with waist length and beyond hair. Just an FYI, she is a member here too :)
ms-gg does kemi have a fotki or utube page?

Sent from my SPH-M920 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I am surprised to see how thin her looks pressed because she has the thickest natural I have seen. I thought her hair would have more body when pressed since her hair is not fine. Anyway, her growth is astounding!

My hair is like that. Thick when coily but once that flat iron hits, it's thin. Can't win.

I am surprised to see how thin her looks pressed because she has the thickest natural I have seen. I thought her hair would have more body when pressed since her hair is not fine. Anyway, her growth is astounding!

I think its because her hair contains a very high density of fine strands. I think my hair is this way also. Tons of very fine strands.

her density is high but her individual strands are very fine flat ironing highights it

Kinda OT Question: Her hair is pretty much how thin mine looks when I flat iron it. In it's natural state it looks thick ( like a bunck of hair), but when you get into it (hands in it), it doesn't seem that thick. This is what a stylist told me. So, no matter what product used, is this basically it? I mean, some people say MT thicken hair. Does that or will that really make a difference?

Kinda OT Question: Her hair is pretty much how thin mine looks when I flat iron it. In it's natural state it looks thick ( like a bunck of hair), but when you get into it (hands in it), it doesn't seem that thick. This is what a stylist told me. So, no matter what product used, is this basically it? I mean, some people say MT thicken hair. Does that or will that really make a difference?

i find that henna kinda thickens the strand. i have fine hair as well but lots of i (well before the post partum shedding, that i am still recovering:perplexed).
her hair is amazing.!

She was my original hair idol. Her hair is gorgeous, and the styles she does with it are amazing. I frequently check her fotki for ideas. She doesn't update regularly anymore, and the few updates she has given in the last year or so, her hair has been straight. I guess she's straightening more often now? Her regular puffy texture is prettier to me, but her flat ironed hair is nice, too. She has the best hair accessories, too!

She was my original hair idol. Her hair is gorgeous, and the styles she does with it are amazing. I frequently check her fotki for ideas. She doesn't update regularly anymore, and the few updates she has given in the last year or so, her hair has been straight. I guess she's straightening more often now? Her regular puffy texture is prettier to me, but her flat ironed hair is nice, too. She has the best hair accessories, too!

it's funny because every time i look at her hair styles it reminds me of yours Mwedzi:grin:. and you two have the best accessories i have seen and your buns are just to die for!

I have fine to medium strands with high density. My hair has thickened up a lot since I started my hhj 1 year ago (gentle care, moisture, light protein, henna, eliminating weaves have all helped). I started using MT on my scalp about a month ago, and I've already noticed a dramatic increase in thickness, probably more than I've had in even in the past year.

This is just my experience, but if you're not protein sensitive, I'd definitely suggest it.

Whoa, that's a lot of length! It looks nice flat ironed, but gorgeous in it's natural state. Either way, she has a beautiful head of hair.

Seras hair is gorgous.. Flat ironing is an altered state... When her hair is blow dried it looks much fuller.. Her unaltered hair is as thick and pretty as Mwedzi' s.. The criticism is amazing on this forum.. How often IRL do we see a black woman with hair down to her behind?

Sent from my ADR6300 using ADR6300

Seras hair is gorgous.. Flat ironing is an altered state... When her hair is blow dried it looks much fuller.. Her unaltered hair is as thick and pretty as Mwedzi' s.. The criticism is amazing on this forum.. How often IRL do we see a black woman with hair down to her behind?

Sent from my ADR6300 using ADR6300

Exactly. I love her and Kimmay's hair bc they both have fine/medium strands like I do. So it gives me inspiration bc many of the type 4 naturals have this uber thick hair, so for the longest I was doubtful I would be able to grow my hair long bc of my fine strands until I started to see folks like them.

Its funny bc I knew even before I saw her or Kimmay's flat iron results that it would not look super full and that folks would probably be disappointed/critical.

It is possible, however, to make fine natural hair look full when straightened with the right style/technique and a good hair cut.

Last edited:
I love that she BC'ed to nearly bald and grew it to waist length. How often do you see a type 4 with hip length natural hair? Seriously. lol it gives me hope. Forget the neigh sayers... THAT'S where I'd like to be some day.

There's nothing to criticize re: Sera's hair - straight or not. Her hair is proof that WE can grow our hair down to the floor (if that's what we want). I know I can.

I didn't know she is originally from Sierra Leone.

For all those criticizing her flat ironed hair, it's ok, we'll claim her.

Waves to Sera: Kushe, ow you bodi? LOL

Naw She's NOT heat-trained....... I've following this girl since 08. She is a true 4B. You have to see her fotki's....She is also on KISS...I think she actually is beyond WL, when her hair is in its natural state it is almost WL in a french braid and that was like 2009....Sera is the BOMB. She is the reason I started this journey.

As far as the THICKNESS, let it go, she had a few strands out...if she would've had all her hair out you wouldn't be focused on what she was trying to do! Her hair in its flat-ironed state is still BIG....we all saw like 1% of the gaz-illion strands on her head...Please check her fotki before you start making judgement calls on 1/2 the story....geesh:ohwell:!

Last edited:
She has been around for a long time. When she first went natural up until about 2 yrs ago, her hair looked thick and healthy from root to tip, now her ends look kind of thin when she flat irons it. I think she has heat damage because her ends don't even curl the same as it use to in it's natural state. I think she follows the Kathy Howse method.

Last edited:

Actually it IS FINE (and NO its not HEAT DAMAGED)....when my hair is pressed its very light and airy, when its braided, my braider can fit 20 small braids (not micros) in 1 square inch because I have very FINE strands, and just a lot of it, so it LOOKS thick....when really its on account of Density...So the more strands per square inch = more hair...which LOOKS thicker....I didn't understand this until I became natural....all this time people said: You got THICK/COURSE hair, when really I just have A WHOLE LOT of really fine hair....

Last edited:
Back