sealing with vaseline...

afgirl

ok dont throw stones
but does anyone do this every now and then ill read about someone sealing with vaseline and so i tried it
sealing with oils wasnt keeping my ends nice so...

every morning i cowash after working out i moisturize and then put a light coating of vaseline on my ends before i bun... i noticed that my hair is staying moisturized i realize that this could cause build up but i shampoo weekly and clarify monthly
does anyone use vaseline to seal? if yes or no did you suffer any damage while doing so?

I never have, I wouldn't have thought to use vaseline in my hair.

Have you tried sealing with different types of oil before trying vaseline?

When I start sealing that's what I will use. There have been a few threads of people sealing with grease. My idol Adrienne0914 used to seal with Vaseline. When I first heard of sealing, it was from Wanakee. She had a product called Constant Care for Ends which looks and feels like Vaseline.

I think there were some old timers here who were into it. Plus at least once/week someone starts another thread about how they went back to grease and love it so I don't see why anyone would be throwing stones. Do what works for you.

Sparklinflame started a thread on it. She does it and she said it's a hit for her.

If I seal, I like to use oils.

I never have, I wouldn't have thought to use vaseline in my hair.

Have you tried sealing with different types of oil before trying vaseline?

i had tried a few oils but never found one that really worked for me
ive tried olive coconut avocado and castor
but by the end of the day they feel absorbed

In the winter, I seal with grease, with petrolatum as the first ingredient. Works for me because with oils, my hair dries out quicker in the winter so I need something heavier.

I tried it, but it didn't work for me. I think the problem was that my ends needed to be clarifyed so the Vaseline just gave me more build up. The next time I wash I will try again with nice clarified ends.

I used Vaseline back in my teen days and for what I remember it was a great alternative to traditional hair grease. I used it to coat my ends in the winter when I had to take the bus to school. I didn't want the ends to break off from the scark around my neck and I usually didn't have the time in the morning to do my hair when I got to school. That's a great idea thou! I should start using it again....

When I was texturized I reached almost middle back length and I didn't moisturise / i used heat twice a week.

I just washed, DC, used a lot of sunsilk leave in conditioner and then sealed my whole length with grease. I then used a diffuser on a medium heat setting and wore my wash and go. I had soft defined touchable curls for 4 to 5 days.

Now that my hair is 10 times healthier my ends have problems in retaining moisture: I'll give this thread a serious thought, thank you.

remember ladies if you do try this method be sure to clarify regularly so as not to cause unnecessary setbacks due to product buildup

Back