Scunci Bun Maker

inthepink

Has anyone ever used the scunci bun maker to make their buns? I bought one about 2 months ago but my hair seemed to get a little tangled in it. Of course, I'm sometimes impatient when trying out a new hair accessory. I happened to look in my "hair" drawer and saw it again yesterday so I decided to try it out.

I think it's a good alternative to using a foam donut. But I still haven't quite perfected using it enough to wear it out.

I would post a picture but I can't seem to find it on the scunci web site. It looks like an open mouth that you wrap your hair around and then roll up - then snap close into a circle that forms the bun.

So, anyone have one and use it? Any tips on making it work?

Ok, I am guessing no one has one of these but if anyone is interested in seeing what it looks like and how I used it, I posted a couple of pictures in my album under October.

I had one but you are right, this thing is difficult to use. Sophistotwist is a better one. It is a piece of wire with velvet wrapped around it. Plus it makes other styles like french twists.

Oh no! Wait! Even better! Try a Whirl a Bun! Someone gave me one of these last Christmas. Unfortunately I cut my hair two months after I got it so I didn't get to use it much but I loved it when I did.

Hi Hairlove,
wave.gif

In you pic it looks like you rolled it down and then clasped it together on the top. The Whirl a Style is done using the same method: if you roll it down you clasp it up, if you roll it up you clasp it down (clasp it in the opposite direction of the roll). You could try to roll it up and then clamp it down making sure to get your hair as close as possible to the ends of that hair tool before clasping it.

Or, you might also want to consider trying the Whirl a style bun maker. It's made of hard rubber w/o teeth, which makes it easier to spread the hair around to cover it up w/o having to worry about the teeth breaking the hair.

I have some pic in my bun challenge folder that were done using the Whirl a style. HTH!

I'm sorry, I just saw your post. I have one of those things. However, I've been reluctant to use it. Assuming I'm doing it correctly, if felt too tight. I was worried about damaging my hair. Plus, I didn't care for the little teeth on the under side of bun maker.

Back