Satin Sponge Rollers

no, because i was told that sponge rollers break your hair.. i dont know about ones with satin.. but i still wouldn't trust it because that's how i am.

I use the satin sponges on plaited hair or twists to curl the ends. It doesnt pull the hair out cuz the hair is secured in the plait. I wouldnt use it on loose hair though...Id probably be a bad hairline sister. My grandma had a pulled back thin hair line due to years of sponge roller use.

I absolutely love the satin sponge rollers. I have the big and small ones. I use them for rolling the ends of my hair for braid and twist outs. I also use them to roll my hair when I wear it flipped. They are great and they don't dry out your hair and they don't cause breakage. They are easy to sleep in. Go ahead and get you some girl!!
poke.gif

I actually bought some this weekend. I had use them to roll the ends of my braid out. I like them and more so because it is safer for your hair then regular sponge rollers.

I have the gold kind that I picked up from Wal-Mart last year. I've only ever used them once after I took my caruso rollers out and then I put them in for a style the next day. It worked very well for me.

[ QUOTE ]
diamonddollfla said:
I have been looking all over for these rollers..can't wait till they get down here in fla

[/ QUOTE ]

They're already in FL. I picked up some a couple of months ago @ Wal-mart. If you're interested, you should try Wally World!

I use them occassionally and they are great. I have the satin rollers and the satin spiral rollers. The ones I have are by Hype Hair...

[ QUOTE ]
KhaLesSta said:
I use them occassionally and they are great. I have the satin rollers and the satin spiral rollers. The ones I have are by Hype Hair...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. I bought mine here in Calif about two weeks ago. Love them. Bought two sets of the sponge rollers and two sets of the spirals. Only because all of the Hype Hair products seem to be very hard to find around Southern Calif. I swear they must only send three of each item at a time to each store!

[ QUOTE ]
Laginappe said:
[ QUOTE ]
KhaLesSta said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. I bought mine here in Calif about two weeks ago. Love them. Bought two sets of the sponge rollers and two sets of the spirals. Only because all of the Hype Hair products seem to be very hard to find around Southern Calif. I swear they must only send three of each item at a time to each store!

[/ QUOTE ]

do they make your hair look like grandma curls? Or do you roll them loosely?

I roll mine loosely. My flips come out great! Now if you roll them so tight that you squeeze the roller to a smaller size then you will get grandma curls. lol

Same for me. Loosely rolled gives me loose curls and waves. Tightly rolled gives me grandma curls - but sometimes that's good because I like to fluff and comb them out.

What I love best though is that they don't intefere with my SLEEP. I will rip anything out of my hair that keeps me awake. And I'm able to sleep with these without any problems.

[ QUOTE ]
Laginappe said:
Same for me. Loosely rolled gives me loose curls and waves. Tightly rolled gives me grandma curls - but sometimes that's good because I like to fluff and comb them out.

What I love best though is that they don't intefere with my SLEEP. I will rip anything out of my hair that keeps me awake. And I'm able to sleep with these without any problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm sounds like something I may get when I get more hair. Thanks
smile.gif

since i cant do a wet rollerset for nothing i was wondering could i be able to acheive the same results using the satin sponge rollers?? has anyone used them and came out with great results?? and did you use any products such as setting lotion??

I haven't tried them with wet hair. But I have used them with slightly damp hair and setting foam. I think I just misted my dry hair a bit with water and leave-in and then as I rolled I applied the setting foam. I wanted to make sure I would be dry by morning so I didn't go heavy on the misting.

[ QUOTE ]
Laginappe said:
I haven't tried them with wet hair. But I have used them with slightly damp hair and setting foam. I think I just misted my dry hair a bit with water and leave-in and then as I rolled I applied the setting foam. I wanted to make sure I would be dry by morning so I didn't go heavy on the misting.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is how i was planning on trying it. how did it come out?? was it comparable to a wet rollerset and did it last throughout the week?

I was very pleased with the results. Mostly because the setting foam I used - Deep Brilliance Soft Control - worked great. I got hold, but no crispness which I hate.

As for lasting - I can't tell you. I got too lazy the next night to re-roll so for me it was a one day thing. I really just wanted to see what I could do with it.

Wait - correction. The rollers and setting foam gave me enough hold to last throughout the day and into the evening which for me is unusual. My hair is really fine and curls tend to fall out within a couple of hours. So on that note they both get a thumbs up.

sounds good lag, I CANT WAIT to try this. but i'll have to use a cheap setting lotion like motions.

I wish. I have checked the super walmarts here in clearwater/st. petesburg nothing yet. I will periodically check for them thank you. Just tried the bbs this past weekend.

They have them at the Wal-mart in my hometown, but the Wal-mart in Greensboro has rather slim pickings.

[ QUOTE ]
nolechik said:
[ QUOTE ]
diamonddollfla said:
I have been looking all over for these rollers..can't wait till they get down here in fla

[/ QUOTE ]

They're already in FL. I picked up some a couple of months ago @ Wal-mart. If you're interested, you should try Wally World!

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif
They're definitely in Florida. I'm in Miami, and I got mine at Walgreen's. BTW nolechick, I see you, but I'm gonna let your avatar slide... LOL

miami.jpg

I have the Satin bendable rollers and I love them. I usually pull my hair in a loose ponytail and use the rollers overnight or before i hop in the shower. Excellent loose curls.

I usually wrap my hair at night because I can't stand sleeping in rollers, but these satin rollers might get me to reconsider. Does anyone know where online they can be purchased?

I absolutely love them and they produced the cutest loose curls. No pulling or snagging - I think I'm in love

ahh..finally found some satin covered rollers not goodys or hype though. Just happened to be in CVS they had satin rollers and satin rods so i got both, never know when i will find them again.

Back