Samantha's BSS Adventure.....and Compliment!!

Lucky's Mom

Hey All!!!
Story time!!:woot::bdance:

Girls - today I headed to the BSS to look at those synthetic LF wigs Reg's wife was raving about.... and I bought a couple of basic things - like Combs...:lachen:
And In speaking with the lovely Korean ladies, they complimented me on my twisted pigtails - Nothing fancy... and nothing purposeful.....

BSS owners: "Your hair is LOONG!!!! Very very Beautiful! I have NEVER seen that before!!" :look:Wha???? You work in a BSS.....

SJ( LUCKY"S MOM): "Thanks Thank you so much... It looks a little crazy today - tomorrow is wash day...."

BSS Owners: What is your secret????

SJ: Do you really want to know? I don't use 99% of the products that you sell..................I use natural stuff. If you sold Baking soda or Bananas, you would see me all the time....

After LOTS of NERVOUS laughter - They lightened up- and I told them that is was not personal.....But Commercial stuff is not for me.... And the said - they were Quite aware that most of the products they carry - are SUCKY.:nono::nono::blush:

They Said - "Well, hope to See you - Sometime!!!!" I sad - If I need rubber bands - I will see you then!!!!

:giggle:

When the ASIANS are sayin your 'need to wash hair' is Fly, you are doing SOMETHING Right:yep::bdance:

Hey All!!!
Story time!!:woot::bdance:

Girls - today I headed to the BSS to look at those synthetic LF wigs Reg's wife was raving about.... and I bought a couple of basic things - like Combs...:lachen:
And In speaking with the lovely Korean ladies, they complimented me on my twisted pigtails - Nothing fancy... and nothing purposeful.....

BSS owners: "Your hair is LOONG!!!! Very very Beautiful! I have NEVER seen that before!!" :look:Wha???? You work in a BSS.....

SJ( LUCKY"S MOM): "Thanks Thank you so much... It looks a little crazy today - tomorrow is wash day...."

BSS Owners: What is your secret????

SJ: Do you really want to know? I don't use 99% of the products that you sell..................I use natural stuff. If you sold Baking soda or Bananas, you would see me all the time....

After LOTS of NERVOUS laughter - They lightened up- and I told them that is was not personal.....But Commercial stuff is not for me.... And the said - they were Quite aware that most of the products they carry - are SUCKY.:nono::nono::blush:

They Said - "Well, hope to See you - Sometime!!!!" I sad - If I need rubber bands - I will see you then!!!!

:giggle:

When the ASIANS are sayin your 'need to wash hair' is Fly, you are doing SOMETHING Right:yep::bdance:

No you didn't :saythat:..........LMBO! at the bold....:lachen:

That's my girl. Speaking the Truth. Go ahead on with you bad self. Wouldn't it be funny if they did have BS and banannas next time you go? Keep you digital camera ready!:grin::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

oh wow I would have loved to see their faces when you said not any product in the store. Very funny.

It was funny!!!! There was nervous - absolute nervous laughter...Then they lightened up!!!!!

They know that for one of me...They is 100 going in there buying the stuff they sell....
They HURRIED UP an got me out.:lachen:

It is kind of sad that you can work in a beauty supply store and be surprised to see long hair. :ohwell:

It's very sad. However, like the BSS owners in Lucky's Mom post said, they know that most of their products are "sucky." However, they'll keep selling them and continue to profit b/c, like Lucky's Mom said, for every one of us that doesn't purchase the sucky products, there are 100 who will buy them.

It's up to us to work in the best interest of our hair's health.

It's very sad. However, like the BSS owners in Lucky's Mom post said, they know that most of their products are "sucky." However, they'll keep selling them and continue to profit b/c, like Lucky's Mom said, for every one of us that doesn't purchase the sucky products, there are 100 who will buy them.

It's up to us to work in the best interest of our hair's health.

Right. Most times - when I go in to that store - I am looking for something specific that I have read about here.... So - I am always checking out the people that come in....

There were a couple of ladies who had ZERO hairline and over processed hair - styled in a 2 inch ponytail ( NO exaggeration):nono::nono: Just AWFUL.

I have seen women with the absolute WORST Weaves ever.....:nono: and I have not seen many customers walk in that place with anything decent :nono:

There is a Shop in the back of the BSS - and I think that there have been at least 4 different stylists back there.... The last one had a Platinum Blonde WSL weave..... and let's just say..... Though she was dark and lovely.. It did not match her skin tone.

:nono: Tons of hair disasters - walking in and out. I have been there alot more than they have noticed :)

Back