Salon Weave Consultation: Questions to Ask?

TinyT

Hey Ladies,

Background:
I am graduating next week!! I am so excited. Well anyway, my mother wants me to have a sleek straight style for graduation pictures. I am not bothered by that because I need my graduation cap to fit. But I have about 6-8 inches of thick natural hair. The only way I can decrease the volume is by twisting it really small. Well anyway she asked If I want to get my hair weaved for a change of pace? Sounded like fun, since I haven't been to a salon in 1.5 years. I need the pampering!! So I am up for the Weave.

Problem:
I am a no thermal tools girl, and I am not going to change this for one day. I don't do curling irons, flat irons, or pressing combs. So my question is....is is possible to get a straight, human hair weave with out them trying to straighten my natural hair with a blowdryer or flatiron first? I have done a little internet research, and found something called a closure weave, in which all your hair is cornrowed away. This would be great because I don't want to leave the little piece out that would need to be flat ironed everyday. Also I haven't been to a salon in so long I am not sure what to ask on a consultation. Could you ladies help me out.

These are the ones I came up with:
<ul type="square"> [*]will you have to blow dry or flat iron my natural hair before it is cornrowed for the weave? [*]I have had my hair trimmed, do feel you need to trim my hair if you give me a service? ( I don't want a trim) [*]What product lines do you use [/list]

Okay, that is all I have. Let me know what you think, or if you have any styling ideas for my natural hair that could give me a temporary sleek look for graduation. If I don't like my consultation, I may just end up twisting it, and my mom will just have to love my kinky curly hair the way it is. But I am really trying my best to meet her half way.

Thanks

will you have to blow dry or flat iron my natural hair before it is cornrowed for the weave?
You do not have to blow dry or flat iron natural hair before its cornrowed. Do you see guys who get braids blow drying or flat ironing their hair before getting them??
scratchchin.gif

I have had my hair trimmed, do feel you need to trim my hair if you give me a service?
The salon might trim your hair

...Oops!!! I didnt read your whole post!!!
shocked.gif
I thought you were asking us the questions!!!
Sorry...
rofl.gif
drunk.gif
spinning.gif

Those would be good questions to ask them but its better to tell them what u want first! Tell them that you don't what any heat applied to your hair!
wink.gif

if you don't want your own hair straightened you have to get a full head weave(non of your hair is left out)
no your natural hair does not have to be blowdryed before hand

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
will you have to blow dry or flat iron my natural hair before it is cornrowed for the weave?
You do not have to blow dry or flat iron natural hair before its cornrowed. Do you see guys who get braids blow drying or flat ironing their hair before getting them??
scratchchin.gif

I have had my hair trimmed, do feel you need to trim my hair if you give me a service?
The salon might trim your hair

...Oops!!! I didnt read your whole post!!!
shocked.gif
I thought you were asking us the questions!!! Sorry...
rofl.gif
drunk.gif
spinning.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl that is ok. Yep, those are the questions I want to ask the lady when I go. I just had my hair trimmed last week, so I know I don't need one. But it seems each time you go to a stylist they feel like they need to trim it.

Those would be good questions to ask them but its better to tell them what u want first! Tell them that you don't what any heat applied to your hair!
wink.gif

Thanks alliyah,

That is what I was thinking. The full head of weave. The only reason I asked about blowdrying, is because I went for another consultation and the lady said that when she cornrows for weaves she blowdrys first, so that the weave will lay flatter. But I wasn't having that, and she wouldn't compromise with me. So I am trying another place in Houston.

this is probaly going to sound stupid but you are in texas right? have you ever been to headlines.i think thats what it's called(beyonces mums salon) is it still even open. just curious

I have never been there. It is still open, I have a freiend that goes sometimes. I think it is headliners, but not sure. The place I am going, is The Root of You Salon and Day Spa

Back