Sally BSS: What are your faves?

LovelyLionessa

Okay so I had a lot of time on my hands tonight. :look: Just for fun I drew up this list. In recent weeks I have discovered a new found love for Sally's. Between the sales, the coupons, the membership card, shopping there is a real treat. Here are my favorite products from there:

Beyond the Zone Stiff Head: I absolutely love this castor oil based styling stick. It does wonders at smoothing the hair line, keeping edges in check, preventing reversion, and softening the hair. Smells deilish too. :lick:

Proclaim Aloe & Shea Butter Conditioner: This stuff is unbelievably rich and creamy, acts like a hair mask, doubles as a leave-in in a pinch, and smells like maraschino cherries. Yum. :drunk:

Proclaim Neutralizing Poo: Cleanses the hair without stripping, can double as a clarifier, contains the color alarm and you can pick up a small bottle for 89 cents with a discount card. :sekret:

Wella Regeneral ph Normalizing Lotion: Perfect for conditioning the hair after rinsing and before neutralizng. A keeper in my self-relaxing kit. :up:

Silk Elements Megasilk lye relaxer (regular formula): Love this. I consider it to be a conditioner with a relaxer thrown in. Amazing. :dizzy:

Silk Elements Megasilk Leave-In Creme: Luxuriously rich, full of nutrient rich oils, good stuff. :king:

WGO: I love, love, love this oil!! I just refuse to airdry without it. Pure magic. :dinner:

So what are your favorite Sally's products? You know the ones you can't stop buying, your heart skips a beat when they go on sale, you keep them stockpiled. Do tell. :p

ETA: Okay, guys, I got real self-conscious and edited my list. It was just too uncomfortable letting the world know about my pism. :ohwell:

Last edited:
destiny616 said:
porosity control

generic aloe rid shampoo

ultrasheen duo tex

Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol

Ditto, also love the WGO. And they are discontinuing the Deep Brillance product line so they have slashed the prices by 60-75%! :eek: I stocked up on the reconstructor today!

A good portion of the Silk Elements line - Normally I would be skeptical of product lines that were exclusive to a certain salon, store, or area, but I've seen the results with this line. I don't know what I'm going to do if they discontinue it.

Motions products - I know you can get the "At Home" products at Walgreens and the professional line at any Asian bss, but I just feel more comfortable buying from Sally's, because I know that the product hasn't been sitting up there for months or mixed with anything (I'v heard horror stories from friends).

Roux Porosity Control - I just buy the little sample bottle and it's 50 cent less with my frequent buyer card.

Jilbere combs - The Scunci knock off is pretty good, but this is cheaper and comes in cooler colors

Ion Reconstuctor Treatment - This is a nice light protein for my hair and I like to co wash with it, so the fact that I got it with a pump for $5 is a BIG plus.

Proclaim Natural 7 Oil - I love this stuff. I thought I was going to go semi-broke to keep up with my Kemi Oyl habit, but this put a dent in that quick.

Clairol Jazzings and Beautiful Collection rinses - Until I make up my mind on henna, this is how I will be getting my color and shine rinse.

I can't even count the products that I am interested trying, just haven't got the guts or storage room to buy.

porosity control

WGO

Silk Elements Megasilk Leave-In Creme

Silk Elements Megasilk Creamy Conditioner

~of course the SE relaxer

~Jilbere Shower Comb

~Jilbere Ceramic Curling Iron

I think that's all I've bought from there. lol. Maybe I'll think of more later.

secretdiamond said:
~of course the SE relaxer

~Jilbere Shower Comb

~Jilbere Ceramic Curling Iron

I think that's all I've bought from there. lol. Maybe I'll think of more later.

How did I forget about my beloved Comb!

Dang, Priestess!!:eek: You really do love Sallys, huh?:lol: You have enough products to last a lifetime!

shunta said:
Dang, Priestess!!:eek: You really do love Sallys, huh?:lol: You have enough products to last a lifetime!

You said it girl! :blush: My house is my personal BSS and beauty salon. I take care of all my hair care needs from washing, conditioning, to trims and retouches. So I gotta keep the place well stocked. :look:

Did you leave any products for the rest of us???

SE Megasilk Relaxer Regular - We are joined at the hip:grin:
SE Mega Cholesterol - I never thought cholesterol could be this wonderful!
SE Hair Mayo - Great price, very concentrated
Proclaim Aloe and Shea Butter Condi- Thick and creamy
Ion Clarifying Poo- Gentle and effective
Fresh WGO - Can't get that stull mixed with motor oil:perplexed

B_Phlyy said:
Motions products - I know you can get the "At Home" products at Walgreens and the professional line at any Asian bss, but I just feel more comfortable buying from Sally's, because I know that the product hasn't been sitting up there for months or mixed with anything (I'v heard horror stories from friends).

Yikes, what kind of horror stories have you heard? :eek:

tenderheaded said:
Did you leave any products for the rest of us???

Dang, y'all got me feeling self-conscious, you're going to drive me back into lurkdom. I guess I shouldn't put my pjism out there on public blast. :perplexed

I go to Sally's Weekly :grin:

Favorites:

Proclaim Glossing Spray
Proclaim Tea Tree Shampoo
Profective Healthy Ends, Root Health, Mega Growth
Roux Porisity Control Shampoo
Mane n Tail Shampoo and Conditioner
Fantasia Hair Polisher for Color Treated Hair
Fantasia Aloe Leave-In

Priestess said:
Dang, y'all got me feeling self-conscious, you're going to drive me back into lurkdom. I guess I shouldn't put my pjism out there on public blast. :perplexed

No, no don't run and hide. It's all in fun...there some pjism in everyone!:)

Can't live without:
WGO
Porosity Control
Apoghee Intensive Treatment
Used to be Clairol Jazzin Spiced Cognac Rinse- will be a henna girl soon;)
Ion Soft Bonnet (Space Helmet) Hairdryer

Proclaim Relaxer for fine hair
Proclaim Neutrizler
Boar Brush
ION Leave In with Frizz control
MD Big Hair - to add body to my thin hair
ION Reconstructer

Priestess said:
Yikes, what kind of horror stories have you heard? :eek:

My friend bought a relaxer and she knew someone else had used it and returned it because hair was in the jar.

Lavendar said:
No, no don't run and hide. It's all in fun...there some pjism in everyone!:)
Lavendar said:
Can't live without:
WGO
Porosity Control
Apoghee Intensive Treatment
Used to be Clairol Jazzin Spiced Cognac Rinse- will be a henna girl soon;)
Ion Soft Bonnet (Space Helmet) Hairdryer

Thanks, Lavendar, *phew* that makes me feel better. ;)

Girl, you will love henna when you try it! :grin:

Priestess said:
No no dont do that!! Girl we were just playin!!:lol: We all got it in us :grin:

shunta said:
No no dont do that!! Girl we were just playin!!:lol: We all got it in us :grin:

Thanks girl. I got scared and started wondering if I should keep my pjism just between me and my husband. He always tells me my storage closet filled with all my products looks like a Target in there! :lol: :look:

Beyond The Zone Noodlehead:love:
Beyond The Zone Heat Protectant
WGO
Motions CPR
Denman D5
Nutress Hair Protein Packs

I love the Millenia Mud reconstructor they carry.

I used the Silk Elements no-lye once and loved it. the 2nd time I underprocessed with it. But, the 1st time was great.

I also love thie selection of bottles and applicators.

They also have the best prices on one of my favorite moisturizing conditioners: L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Creme :D :D

HoneyDew said:
I love the Millenia Mud reconstructor they carry.

I used the Silk Elements no-lye once and loved it. the 2nd time I underprocessed with it. But, the 1st time was great.

I also love thie selection of bottles and applicators.

They also have the best prices on one of my favorite moisturizing conditioners: L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Creme :D :D

And it's on sale this month.

Back