Salerm Wheat Germ Mask

mrslee

Love yourself first!
How do you guys use the mask. Do you use it by itself after a poo?
Do you use another conditioner after the mask?
Is the Salerm mask considered a protein treatment or a moisturizer?

How long do you leave it on?
Do you have to use heat?

Please provide any additional comments that might be helpful.

I have an order that will be here on Friday and I want to make sure I am using it correctly.

Thanks Ladies! :)

I use the mask after I shampoo (I usually use a protein shampoo). I think it is a conditioner. I leave it on for 10 minutes with a shower cap. The smell is overwhelming (not necessarily offensive). It does a good job of conditioning my hair.

How do you guys use the mask. Do you use it by itself after a poo? Yes.
Do you use another conditioner after the mask? No, it's great all alone.
Is the Salerm mask considered a protein treatment or a moisturizer? I would call it a moisturizing treatment, like a oil treatment in a conditioner.

How long do you leave it on? I just do for 10 mins or so in the shower.
Do you have to use heat? I have before, but you don't need to. Result are the same.

Last edited:
I first shampoo and condition my hair, then apply the mask alone and leave it on for 1-2 hours, rinse and then use conditioner again. I would call it a strengthening mask. I don't know if there's any protein in it (I don't remember the ingredients).

Boadicea said:
I first shampoo and condition my hair, then apply the mask alone and leave it on for 1-2 hours, rinse and then use conditioner again. I would call it a strengthening mask. I don't know if there's any protein in it (I don't remember the ingredients).

Here are the ingredients you posted a while back Boadicea. (I searched for them this weekend and had it save).

Boadicea said:
Salerm Mascarilla Capilar (wheat germ oil deep conditioner):

Aqua (water), cetyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, isopropyl alcohol, triticum vulgare (wheat germ oil), panthenol, propylene glycol, amodimethicone, polyquarternium 11, trideceth-12, sodium methylparaben, parfum (fragrance), citric acid, C>I> 19140 (FD&C Yellow num.40)

Last edited:
mrslee said:
I actually sent the Salerm people an email asking this very question and was told that it is "considered an intensive moisturizing conditioner" that should be left on for 15-20 minutes. (I would've posted the whole thing if the right click was working:ohwell:.)

I apply the mask to the entire length of my hair, then add a little more of the product mixed with oil (Hot 6 usually) to my ends and add heat for about 20 minutes. I've also done no heat for a couple of hours and that worked just as well. No follow up conditioner is needed.

MrsLee, I can't get enough of this stuff!

[size=+0]I use it following a shampoo and condition. [/size]

Nope.

I use it as a deep conditioner

20 minutes

Do you have to use heat?
Yes, I sit under the dryer with a cap for 20 minutes then wash it out.

Lorraine said:
MrsLee, I can't get enough of this stuff!

[size=+0]I use it following a shampoo and condition. [/size]

Nope.

I use it as a deep conditioner

20 minutes

Do you have to use heat?
Yes, I sit under the dryer with a cap for 20 minutes then wash it out.

Thanks,
Your hair is so lovely! I hope I get the same results from it! Hopefully my order will be here tomorrow! Its in the mail!

The thing that gets me with this product (have not used yet, would like to try at least once)...is that it's a moisturizing conditioner - I get the Cetyl Alcohol, the Wheat Germ Oil....

why is the Isopropyl Alcohol up in there?:confused: Yet...it doesn't dry out the hair from all the raves.

Amazing.

MonaLisa said:
The thing that gets me with this product (have not used yet, would like to try at least once)...is that it's a moisturizing conditioner - I get the Cetyl Alcohol, the Wheat Germ Oil....

why is the Isopropyl Alcohol up in there?:confused: Yet...it doesn't dry out the hair from all the raves.

Amazing.

I was wondering the same thing...

mochamadness said:
I was wondering the same thing...

I was wondering why your hair looks so doggone good mochamadness...
*one tiny drip of friendly haterade hits the floor*

I see u up in your avatar!

MonaLisa said:
I was wondering why your hair looks so doggone good mochamadness...
*one tiny drip of friendly haterade hits the floor*

I see u up in your avatar!

MonaLisa

You are too much!! lol But honestly your hair looks just as good girl!

FINALLY! I received my order of SWGM today!! I am going to wash my hair tonight and post my results!! Wish me luck! I cant wait. I am soooo excite! :yay:

We both will be DC'in with SWG tonight! Beleive it or not, even this late in the game...I am still excited!! I hope you like it ... I LOVE IT!!

mrslee said:
FINALLY! I received my order of SWGM today!! I am going to wash my hair tonight and post my results!! Wish me luck! I cant wait. I am soooo excite! :yay:

I don't even know why I'm laughing...visualizing Mrs.Lee and Audra gettin their wheat germ on...;)

Yes mrslee...my hair likes what your hair likes...so I'll await your review...if it gets a thumbs up from you...

I'll germ it up come my springtime touch up...

okay Audra! lol.:grin:

I'm just curious if anybody has ever tried a homemade mask with wheat germ oil in it. If so, were the results equally as impressive? The reason I ask is because I found some recipes online with wheat germ oil in it that I'd like to try. Here's one: Fruit Smoothie Hair Mask: Blend 1/2 a banana, 1/4 avocado, 1/4 cantaloupe, 1 tablespoon wheat germ oil and 1 tablespoon yogurt. For extra conditioning, squeeze in the contents of a vitamin E capsule. Leave in hair for 15 minutes. I'm thinking of doubling or tripling the amount of wheat germ oil and trying it.

MonaLisa said:
I don't even know why I'm laughing...visualizing Mrs.Lee and Audra gettin their wheat germ on...;)

Yes mrslee...my hair likes what your hair likes...so I'll await your review...if it gets a thumbs up from you...

I'll germ it up come my springtime touch up...

okay Audra! lol.:grin:

ROFL!! @ Mona!! You are crazy!! Unfortunately I wasnt able to wash my hair as planned last night.... too many chores. So I am going to do this tonight. I didnt want to rush through it last night. Will try to post a pic and result tonight, if not in the morning!

Chinagem, what you described there sounds yummy!

OK ladies!! I washed my hair with CON and used the NTM as a conditioner, then I used the SWGM afterwards! I must say my hair came out really soft and smooth! I lost about 6 hairs but I also forgot to comb my hair out before washing, so this was excellent! I used my oil concoction on my scalp and jojoba oil on my hair and ends.

I am going to try it again next week to see if this a product that gets better the more you use it!

I must say I didnt get that HOT DAYUM feeling, but I do love the way my hair feels. :)

Will post results again next week.

Mona.... Hold your horses!! :)

mrslee said:
I must say I didnt get that HOT DAYUM feeling, but I do love the way my hair feels. :)

Will post results again next week.

Mona.... Hold your horses!! :)

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....
*Mo makes mental note of this......

Mo's hair...seems to like...what mrslee's hair likes...mrslee's hair...didn't get that HOT DAYUM feeling...*cough, hacking cough*

AudraChanell said:
Ah man, another one bites the dust *lol* :lachen: ...No, I am kidding
I just love SWG :)

WELL maybe not!!! This morning when I took my high ponyail down, my hair had this wonderful smell.... I am like where did that come from... then I fingercombed as I normally do and my hair felt as if it had a stronger texture. It even looked full or slightly thicker. I then begin to comb my hair and NO hairs fell out!

So i will see what happens next week when I use it again. I think it may become one of my staples if I continue to get these results. Also, I didnt use any sort of leave-in just my oils!

mrslee said:
WELL maybe not!!! This morning when I took my high ponyail down, my hair had this wonderful smell.... I am like where did that come from... then I fingercombed as I normally do and my hair felt as if it had a stronger texture. It even looked full or slightly thicker. I then begin to comb my hair and NO hairs fell out!

So i will see what happens next week when I use it again. I think it may become one of my staples if I continue to get these results. Also, I didnt use any sort of leave-in just my oils!

*Mo is monitoring the mrslee germing experiment....CLOSELY:sekret: :dork: :eyebrows2 *

mrslee said:

Sheesh, it's a good thing i didn't read this before I went to Wegman's last night. With the price of that Alter Ego and then some KUZ hair treatment mask thrown in, I would have broke the bank throwing that SWGM into my car. DARN those hair products!

OK, so I still have a little PJ in me. Yesterday, the DH and I were near a dominican salon I knew sold the salerm wheat germ mask (WGM), so I told him to stop so I could buy it.

So I shampooed my hair last night, did a light protein, and followed up with the WGM for 20 mins under a plastic cap and hat... (don't ask about the hat I wrote about that in my journal today. hat=body heat in) OK, The consistency of this stuff isn't like I thought it would be. It is pretty thin compared to my other tub conditioners. I like the smell though. I rinsed it out and I think my results were good. I didn't experience that WOW factor, but I am going to keep using it before I give my rating. I still give it a
01.gif
as it is nice and moisturizing. I didn't rollerset my hair after using it, just let it air dry with a little WGO and flat ironed this morning (I didn't add anything before I flat ironed either). Now I don't know if my flat iron results are because of the WGM as I never flat ironed my hair before...seriously. I will post the pics tomorrow as I took them this morning after I flat ironed. So with continued use, I hope to have the experience that the other ladies do.

yes, I think the more you use the better the results. Although, I think I use quite a bit trying to coat all my hair. I may need to order again. I think this will put a damper on the pocketbook, so I will only do this treat every 2 weeks. Unless you dont need a lot to coat hair.
Can anyone tell me how much they use?

Well, because it is kind of thin to me, I don't know how my coating was. I mean I used enough so that my hair was saturated with it and massaged for a few minutes too. However, unlike my other tub conditioners, my hair wasn't so saturated that it was greenish (the color of the product). I usually pile my conditioner on. I think I used the same process with the WGM, but I think because it is thinner the look was different.

mrslee said:
yes, I think the more you use the better the results. Although, I think I use quite a bit trying to coat all my hair. I may need to order again. I think this will put a damper on the pocketbook, so I will only do this treat every 2 weeks. Unless you dont need a lot to coat hair.
Can anyone tell me how much they use?

The hair hills have eyes mrslee....and I am...watching....

Back