Sabino Moisture Block Reviews

TexturedTresses

If you have used Sabino Moisture Block, please post your review here. I would really appreciate it as I'm thinking about using it to flatiron my cousin's hair for the first day of school. I'm terrified of damaging her curls. If you've used it and didn't like it but preferred another heat protectant, please share your preference. Thank You.

Come on in, the water's fine:lachen:(I'm killing myself today)
any way....

My review is somewhere in the graveyard.

It is a excellent product. My only suggestion that I can think of right now, is to use less than 2 dime size's worth of product for the entire head of hair. If you use to much you will have a mess on your hands.

Good luck

Come on in, the water's fine:lachen:(I'm killing myself today)
any way....

My review is somewhere in the graveyard.

It is a excellent product. My only suggestion that I can think of right now, is to use less than 2 dime size's worth of product for the entire head of hair. If you use to much you will have a mess on your hands.

Good luck

Oh my gosh, your hair is BEAUTIFUL. Please tell me how you got the style in your siggy. Also, do you have any tips on searching for your review.

Oh my gosh, your hair is BEAUTIFUL. Please tell me how you got the style in your siggy. Also, do you have any tips on searching for your review.

I'm not sure. You can search for my posts I think. I am no pro on this here board.

Thank you for the compliment on my siggie. That was a two day old twist out after wearing my hair in twists for a couple of days. As days past on, it became poofier and poofier. Then it was time to wash and start the cycle all over again. When lazy and I don't feel like doing my hair, I just wear a puff like my avatar.

I found your review. However, I couldn't see your pics. Did it get your hair relaxer straight. Did you have swing?

Sorry about that. That was before I figured how to post attachments:nono:

I don't have any good pictures. But yes it did get it relaxer straight. My hair was shining in those pictures due to the flash that made my hair look a hot mess in pictures, but it person, it was bangin. I have pictures of the bun somewhere in one of those recent threads.

Go for it.

I will be straighening my hair in September and will post pictures. I'm sure you will get to your cousin's hair before then though. Sorry

You will do fine. Make sure you post pictures.:yep:

ETA You can go on youtube and look at J030977's review. As beautiful as she is, her results are an example of too much Sabino. HTH

Last edited:
the tricky thing about it is, you have to use enough of it to coat your hair... but not so much that you get the "greasy" look like i got the first time i used it... :look:

i used it to blowout and then flat iron my hair last Thursday... got the balance just right this time. posted pics here and the thread blew up :grin: here it is 6 days later and i have had minimal reversion at the nape of my hair... only in the roots. in my current avatar you can see the side of my head that is straight - i just took that a few hours ago. i have not touched up my hair with heat all week, just wrapped it before bed and unwrapped it each morning.

love this stuff i tell you! :grin:

well actually i blew out the roots. i pull my hair somewhat tightly when i put it in sections and then blowdry them straight. ;)

after that i flat ironed on 400 degrees, because with Sabino the higher heat somehow makes it work better... don't ask, i forget why. :look: but trust me, it worked. one pass on each section of hair... can't get much better than that. yes, my hair had bounce and swing. no problem reverting when i washed one side of my head, as you can see. because i straightened my hair, i did take the time to look for splits afterwards - NONE. (thanks to my ayurvedic routine, i believe :yep: ) i did trim a few single-strand knots but that was it. and most importantly, i didn't have to use any more heat throughout the week. usually, i get decent hair for a day, maybe 2 and after that it gets puffy and i just stick to updos and braid-outs until wash day. the curl kinda fell out from wrapping every day, but my hair stayed straight and swingy all week. probably could've gone longer but... my scalp misses co-washing... :lol:

Sorry about that. That was before I figured how to post attachments:nono:

I don't have any good pictures. But yes it did get it relaxer straight. My hair was shining in those pictures due to the flash that made my hair look a hot mess in pictures, but it person, it was bangin. I have pictures of the bun somewhere in one of those recent threads.

Go for it.

I will be straighening my hair in September and will post pictures. I'm sure you will get to your cousin's hair before then though. Sorry

You will do fine. Make sure you post pictures.:yep:

ETA You can go on youtube and look at J030977's review. As beautiful as she is, her results are an example of too much Sabino. HTH

Thank you for bumping that thread for me. Did you have any pics of your hair loose?

Thanks, I was nervous about flatironing her roots. What flatiron did you use. Your hair did come out beautifully.

thank you! :grin: i use an Amika... i used to have a CHI now. they are about equal in performance IMO, but the CHI was either on or off, whereas the Amika you can adjust the heat setting.

I also noticed that the sabino worked better for me when I used my Jilbere ceramic flat iron than when I used the maxiglide. Maybe because I was able to get closer to my roots? There was significantly less reversion at the root.

i used it.results in my fotki. i think that since i did not set my iron high enough, i did not get the desired results. but i like the way it made my hair feel. this stuff will be added to my stash.

Yall have convinced me. I ordered mine today! With this shorter hair cut and the humidity here in B-more, my flatironed hair looks a puffy mess at the end of the day.

Yall have convinced me. I ordered mine today! With this shorter hair cut and the humidity here in B-more, my flatironed hair looks a puffy mess at the end of the day.

I think you'll like it. Just be careful not to be too heavy-handed w/the product. If it can keep my tigger-ific hair in check in high humidity and after sweating under a motorcycle helmet, it can work for almost anybody!

I love it. It works. I'm going to order 2 more bottles today. A little does go a long way.
Trust me, I'm heavy handed and have learned my lesson.

Thanks to Luckiestdestiny, I learned a very good way to use the product:
On wet hair, spray Lacio Lacio and seal with the SMBI then brush trough with my Denman d3, plait in about 6-8 sections and air dry overnight. The next day I take down the plaits, brush each section throughly paying careful attentin to the ends and straighten with a hot comb 1-2 passes. Then I flat iron 1 pass.

I crank up the heat to 450 as Sabino suggests and have no heat damage. I am all natural 4b and my curls came popping back each time I did this on 450.

I have tried several times to just use the flat iron, being careful about detangling the ends each time, but the ends were still rough. Sooo, I use the pressing comb 1st always. My ends come out much smoother.

Oh, my hair comes out relaxer straight, smooth, silky and shiny every time.

Back