Sabino Moisture Block Reviews

It works. I posted a review here but it got passed over. I have ond n my album as well.

I just looked at your fotki and all I can say is WOW! Your hair stayed straight and beautiful even after some humidity. I tried it once, but it didn't work out the way I wanted it too. I'm going to have to try it.

Did you use your maxiglide and if so, what temp did you use it at? Thanks.

Your hair is so beautiful...Poka. I love the look and the banana clip ponytail was beautiful. I am so looking for my hair to be your length by next Summer:yep:

I don't think I used it properly. Are you so much to use it on wet hair? Or on your hair before flat ironing?

I did both. I used it on my wet damp hair after I put my leave-in on. I air dried, then I used a little bit on each section concentrating on the roots and the ends.

I just looked at your fotki and all I can say is WOW! Your hair stayed straight and beautiful even after some humidity. I tried it once, but it didn't work out the way I wanted it too. I'm going to have to try it.

Did you use your maxiglide and if so, what temp did you use it at? Thanks.

Your hair is so beautiful...Poka. I love the look and the banana clip ponytail was beautiful. I am so looking for my hair to be your length by next Summer:yep:
Thanks girl! Well I we had a VERY hot and humid muggy day a few days ago and beleive it or not my hair stayed straight! I saw very little reversion (just a little curl on the end of one side and that was because I was sweatting so bad). It's amazing because I have never experienced this, even when relaxed! So yeah this stuff works and it washes out with shampoo like it says, my curls returned to normal after shampooing. This stuff makes the need for relaxers almost extinct, lol.

I did use the maxiglide and I used SMB on my wet hair before rollersetting....and also a little on each section before flat ironing. I think my flat ironing was on setting two.....I have no idea of the degrees on the maxiglide (if anyone knows please post). I was scared that because I didn't go very high with the heat that it wouldn't work but it still worked well for me. I didn't post pics of after the humid day because I just haven't had time but my hair totally held up:yep:.

I give it two thumbs up.

I put moisture block on top of my leave in conditioner. I then either air-dry or blow dry. I then add a little bit before I flat iron.

It took me a few tries to get it right. If you use too much, it can make your hair look funny and limp.

I need to make a fotki so you could see the results.

If you have used Sabino Moisture Block, please post your review here. I would really appreciate it as I'm thinking about using it to flatiron my cousin's hair for the first day of school. I'm terrified of damaging her curls. If you've used it and didn't like it but preferred another heat protectant, please share your preference. Thank You.

That is an awesome product!!!!!!! :yep: I've had mine for about 2 months now and it is the truth! My hair is 3b/c and basically texturized at this point with about 6 months of new growth (I'm going back to my natural texture). I usually wear my hair curly but I've been wearing straight quite a bit and let me tell you my hair stayed straight for 2 WEEKS! I don't like to go that long without washing but I got really lazy :rolleyes:. My hair stayed straight all last weekend in HOUSTON, TX with 87% humidity and there wasn't a wave or curl in sight!

I was my hair and condition and use a leave-in and follow up with the Sabino. I have a CHI ULTRA (red) that I use to flat iron my hair and it works like a charm! I also use a little bit on each section before I flat iron.

The product is VERY VERY concentrated to be careful not to use too much or your hair won't move. I used a couple of sections out until I figured out how much to use to have bouncy salon swingy hair. I hope you love it as much as I do!

I used mine too for a wedding on saturday and my hair looked great, it's been 4 days now and my hair is still straight. I'm so happy:grin:.

I love, love , love this stuff. I am transitioning and my one year anniversay is Sept 1. I was a bunning fool until I got SMB! I love it and my hair stays straight for days. I just flat ironed my hair last night for the second time using SMB and my co-workers are like, "wow you hair is pretty." and they all 'clear.' Even the "how you doing asian" guy was like "nice hair".

Also I used my new Rusk flatiron.....It is the amazing. I'm going to take some pictures tonight!

Ok, this may be a stupid question, but is this product only for naturals?

No, SMB is for anyone who wants to protect their hair while using any heat tool. Naturals like myself love it because you have the option of wearing your hair straight without fear of reversion until you wash your hair, not when you sweat or get caught in a rain mist.

Relaxed folks...let Determined hear why you love it.

Last edited:
Back