S/O: What kind of engagement ring do you want?

I am a big example of you can love what you did not expect to get lol. I wanted a traditional princess cut.But when i seen my ring, i loved it.

This looks exactly like my ring! The middle diamond is bigger though but that's the cut. I like your size but I have small fingers so mine compliments my hand.

shantel-ring.jpg

Looks like a 3 ct stone, which depending on the clarity/cut/color is at least $30K.

For my finger/taste/lifestyle, 2 carat round brilliant cut is perfect. 1.5 is also ok but that cut, clarity and color better be pristine.

Attachments

• 2ctring.JPG
    2ctring.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 269
Looks like a 3 ct stone, which depending on the clarity/cut/color is at least $30K.

For my finger/taste/lifestyle, 2 carat round brilliant cut is perfect. 1.5 is also ok but that cut, clarity and color better be pristine.

I like that but without the dives in the band.

Simple is definitely better for me. Although I do like gaudy costume jewelry

I'm good with a 1ct minimum center stone. 1.5-2ct tw.

I initially wanted a 2ct White Sapphire, set in rose gold. But I heard that the White Sapphire looks like glass when its dirty and doesn't sparkle.

I wish diamonds weren't so darn expenive.

But I think a 1ct center stone is good for me. I have dainty fingers. lol

I'm good with a 1ct minimum center stone. 1.5-2ct tw. I initially wanted a 2ct White Sapphire, set in rose gold. But I heard that the White Sapphire looks like glass when its dirty and doesn't sparkle. I wish diamonds weren't so darn expenive. But I think a 1ct center stone is good for me. I have dainty fingers. lol

A good clarity 1 ct are expensive but they are a good size and worth it.

Don't judge me, I did some online research to learn all these terms about cut, setting, etc. So I like silver/platinum bands, round cut, nothing bigger than 1 1/2 carats. :yep: The ring shown is $4,800 :look:

There is a huuuge difference between silver and platinum. No ring with any kind of valuable diamonds will come in silver. Do you mean white gold or platinum?

There is a huuuge difference between silver and platinum. No ring with any kind of valuable diamonds will come in silver. Do you mean white gold or platinum?

I know it's different, I meant I prefer the coloring of silver or platinum. Why wouldn't or couldn't a valuable diamond come with a silver band? You can choose, customize rings, can't you?

A good clarity 1 ct are expensive but they are a good size and worth it.

Actually, I'm good with a slightly imperfect diamond. :look: I wouldn't go any less than SI1 though. But if you need a 10X microscope to see the "imperfections", then give me my damn ring...And my discount.

I know it's different, I meant I prefer the coloring of silver or platinum. Why wouldn't or couldn't a valuable diamond come with a silver band? You can choose, customize rings, can't you?

^
I'm the same. I find gold ugly and tacky, I guess too bright? No idea what it is but I've always favored silver or even white gold.

Silver is almost worthless right now. It wouldn't make sense to put diamonds of reasonable size in silver. If you go to a jewelry store you won't find too many engagement sets in silver. Go with at least white gold. At least you know if you ever in life needed to sell it you would get something for it.

I don't really like engagement rings. I've tried to get into it but I can't. I would take whatever he picked out for me as long as it was something he put love and careful thought into it. If it meant something to him it would probably mean something to me.

A solitaire with a diamond wedding band. Anywhere from 1-2 carats is perfect. The attachment is my fav :love:

larger_image.jpg

-Tacori $3,600

larger_image.jpg

-Tacori $2,300

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
One of two things: something to do with our birth stones (representing us coming together as one) or a heirloom/antique. I like uniqueness. I'm not for the princess cuts and big ole carets etc. And diamonds completely bore me.

O/T: bunnycolvin when did that interview happen in your siggy?! I watch Twisted and I love those two!

Last edited:
I really don't know but I saw a vera wang ring and loved it. I think it was princess cut. I'm not familiar with carats and all that other detailed ish

i recounted this conversation with a white girlfriend and she said the kind of ring she wants would be at least 25k :look:

but shes a terrible person so

Ya'll are making me think about colored stones. I really like how rubies look on yellow gold. I am dead set on yellow gold because I hate how platinum/white gold looks against my skintone.

I always thought I wanted something square shaped, like an emerald or cushion type. That was until I actually started trying on rings and realizing that what I liked didn't necessarily look good on my hand.

My engagement ring is an oval with a split shank pave halo setting. Crazy because I never cared for round or roundish shapes but it looks awesome on my finger.

Last edited:
I really want a black diamond. I know the value is lower, but that's what I want.

My sister bought her FH's wedding band the other day...it's black diamonds all the way around the band, including the top and bottom, total 8 carats. It is absolutely stunning.

I really want something opal surrounded by diamonds.

Attachments

• 44445c_main.jpg
    44445c_main.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 75
  • bluenile.jpg
    bluenile.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 68
A solitaire with a diamond wedding band. Anywhere from 1-2 carats is perfect. The attachment is my fav :love:

larger_image.jpg

-Tacori $2,300

I would love to have something like this. :yep:

With Tacori, don't you have to buy the setting seperate from the diamond(s)? So the $2,300^^ is probably just for the hardware.

Last edited:
Back