S/O: What kind of engagement ring do you want?

BEAUTYU2U

Until the other thread was posted, I had never really thought much about rings. I know what I want my first home to look like, the wedding I want, etc. but not the cut, size, color of a ring.

* Disclaimer - Meant to be a fun thread. Donkey-free zone.

i dont want anything in the band. i dont like those diamond in the band/small clusters on the sides rings. i want a simple square solitaire and a plain platinum band. or it doesnt have to be platinum but i dont want gold.

i want my ring to be classic and elegant not sparkly and flashy.

Last edited:
I never gave my ring a thought either. I just want something nice. And nice can be simple. I don't think I want anything too big. Idc about the ring as long as my wedding is fly :look:

I want something simple and small and not expensive.
No diamonds for ethical and moral reasons. Maybe a pearl or a opal.

idk. I'm not a ring person

A green stone (what are those called?) or simple diamond. I don't know the terminology:lol: a very thin band. Maybe with a design. Not gold. Would definitely be interested in a vintage one. Very few diamonds. Basically not much bling.

shantel-ring.jpg

I like flashy rings. The price, cut, clarity doesn't really matter to me as long as I enjoy looking at it.
There is a certain price beyond which I wouldn't encourage my partner to spend. While I like diamonds, I don't believe in having thousands of dollars sitting on my hand in the form of a rock. I'd rather we do something else with the money.

Something with a colourful stone. Sapphire, ruby or emerald. I've never been into diamonds, but don't mind a three stone ring where the two on the edge are diamond. Preferably princess cut.

I'm also open to vintage rings.

Price bracket = I don't care as long as it's pretty, real:look: and durable.

I went engagement ring shopping before and anything over 1.5 carats looks ridiculous on my small fingers.
I prefer 1 - 1.2 carats but it should have the best cut then best clarity then best color he could afford.

I'm going with what I don't want lol.

I don't think I want a diamond.
I don't want a gold band.
I don't want it to be huge. I'll get annoyed with it.
That's all I got for now.

Last edited:
I am a big example of you can love what you did not expect to get lol. I wanted a traditional princess cut.But when i seen my ring, i loved it.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140612_143526.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140612_143526.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 325
Always wanted a ring with diamonds either going all the way or halfway around the band.

I've always swooned over Tacori ads, but I know fo sho that my SO doesn't have that type of funds so it def won't be anything that's too expensive.

My fav color is purple so I'd prob want to incorporate that into my ring somehow without it looking crazy lol

It matters to me less now. I obviously don't want an obviously gaudy or 80's style ring but the thought of my man choosing a ring and planning a proposal and our life together excites me more than the ring itself. He will choose it and I will wear it.

for my 15th anniversary i would love a chocolate diamond solitaire, perhaps with a small diamond on both sides.!!!!!!!!!!:grin:

Last edited:
Don't judge me, I did some online research to learn all these terms about cut, setting, etc. So I like silver/platinum bands, round cut, nothing bigger than 1 1/2 carats. :yep: The ring shown is $4,800 :look:

Attachments

• 0000.jpg
    0000.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 400
I would like a solitaire emerald cut ring. I've always been fine with 1.5-2K but my bf always throws out 5k so now I want that! Lol. Wedding band wise I want an eternity band maybe with all emerald cut stones.

If I do get the 5k ring ill have a replica made for when we travel etc.

im google imaging engagement ring and not really seeing anything i like :sad: i would like to know what sort of price range the rings i like are in because i get the feeling my needs could be met with a price point of around 2000 :lol:

e: i would wear these:

modern-engagement-ring-ideas-010.jpg

$3500

i looooooooooooove this, apparently this is "radiant cut" i want one of those!

radiant-cut-engagement-ring-5232a4251dff95a475966d6994b8d830.jpg

with a 1kt diamond this ring is reportedly almost 4500. an extra 1k for a platinum instead of white gold band. i could live with that. i think i just picked out my engagement ring :lol:

Last edited:
I always wanted solitaire round cut with a non-gold band. I ended up with 3 stone round ring. I think its a brilliant cut??? I don't know much about jewelry.

Back