Rollersetting upward???

ttlayli

I'm sitting here with sopping wet hair wondering about this....Im getting ready to attempt a rollerset on my hair....but I keep reading that you have to roll upwards?? HUH??? :perplexed :lachen: Um yeah I dont get it.....:lachen: Please dumb it down for me ladies....:wallbash: :rolleyes:

I'm sitting here with sopping wet hair wondering about this....Im getting ready to attempt a rollerset on my hair....but I keep reading that you have to roll upwards?? HUH??? :perplexed :lachen: Um yeah I dont get it.....:lachen: Please dumb it down for me ladies....:wallbash: :rolleyes:

Hmm...ok, when you hold a section of hair straight up (toward ceiling), instead of putting the roller under the hair (regular way)...put the roller on top of the hair (as if you were doing a flip) and roll toward the scalp.

HTH

It will help flatten your roots, i.e., pic below:

312753357.jpg

Last edited:
Oh okay! I was right then! :grin: Hopefully it comes out pretty like yours....my ends are texlaxed..but my roots are a HAM! :drunk: And I just got from under the dryer, gasping for breath, after a little over an hr! So hopefully I can call this a "decent-good" rollerset! :rolleyes:

Hmm...ok, when you hold a section of hair straight up (toward ceiling), instead of putting the roller under the hair (regular way)...put the roller on top of the hair (as if you were doing a flip) and roll toward the scalp.

HTH

It will help flatten your roots, i.e., pic below:

312753357.jpg

WHOA interesting!

Don't thank me! Thank Macherie's Healthy Textures website. I followed the written directions to a "T" and it came out great!

It works! I just did a set on my SIL last night, using Macherie's online tutorial.

I made her a fotki and put step by step pics in it, take a look:

http://public.fotki.com/malikah/my-hair-journey/rollersets-/

great tutorial!! :yep:

and great pictures! I can see EXACTLY where to place my pins! I have to do my hair over tonight....I'll try using my magnetic rollers, versus my mesh. I'll pop my Machier video in also, as a backup guide.

We'll see what happens!

Back