Votes: 10 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Sure/For a while/please speicfy

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blairx0

I am in the midst of a rollersetting battle and want to know if their are other ladies fighting the same battle or who have already won the war.

I have read the Roller Setting 2012 thread and felt inspired to begin, but the thread has since fizzled out. I am sad the thread has lingered and there will be no reveal, but I would like to know if you ladies would be interested in another rollersetting challenge?

I plan on rollersetting for at least 6 countisous months to see if I can master the technquie and retain lengeth. My hair takes about 2 days to dry, so I plan on hitting the rollers hard this winter and bunning afterward in the quest of retentaion....anyone care to join me?

We can be rollersetting buddies as soon as you're ready to roll.

Updated thread can be found here

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=654531

Last edited:
ill join. i just need to figure out how to roll 6 months post hair without losing my sanity! lol. i actually did a ponytail/traditional set combo today and i and going to see how it works out.

ill join. i just need to figure out how to roll 6 months post hair without losing my sanity! lol. i actually did a ponytail/traditional set combo today and i and going to see how it works out.

That is great to hear! I am natural, so maybe we can work on getting a sleek smooth look in the root area together! How did the ponytail set come out?

That would be great! This challenge is of course open to all rollers: flexi rods, curlformers, traditional curlers, and whatever other type of curl you wet set to perfection!

I'm excited for your replies! I am willing to do this challenge with a small number knowing members and lurkers alike will pop in with encouragement, join, or admire us from afar! I will give others the chance to chime in I will create our thread and with support we can be well on a roll before January

That is great to hear! I am natural, so maybe we can work on getting a sleek smooth look in the root area together! How did the ponytail set come out?

Blairx0 it came out pretty nice. it dried overnight and was pretty smooth at the roots. when i do it again i will post pics.

I'm in! I do pony tail roller sets and curl former sets a lot! I'm am 6 months post and long term transitioning.

It took me about six months to properly roller set my hair. The first set came out so nice, I had did a roller set with the small flexi rods and they were so nice except I couldn't get it at the root I ended up doing two ponytails and people swore I was natural. Now I have a simple roller set regimen with just four flexi rods and flattering result

I'm in. I just ordered a hooded dryer Wednesday to start roller setting for growth so this thread is perfect timing! I would like to learn how to set without the caps on the rollers but those pins look intimidating. I plan to pick some up this weekend to fiddle around with next week.

Who said there wouldn't be a reveal?

It got hot! Most took a break and did other things for the summer. We didn't fizzle out, we just took a break. What are you talking about?:ohwell:

topnotch1010 said:
Who said there wouldn't be a reveal?

It got hot! Most took a break and did other things for the summer. We didn't fizzle out, we just took a break. What are you talking about?:ohwell:

Good point. It did get a bit too hot. Well I'm excited to see your and the other ladies progress ! I'm really hope rollersetting will save my hair and thanks to your thread I think it can.

I'm in:yep:.........as soon as I can find the perfect product combo for it. The creamy leave in and serum isn't working for me.

It took me about six months to properly roller set my hair. The first set came out so nice, I had did a roller set with the small flexi rods and they were so nice except I couldn't get it at the root I ended up doing two ponytails and people swore I was natural. Now I have a simple roller set regimen with just four flexi rods and flattering result

Lilmama1011 can you share your 4 flexirod method? Sounds simple and quick! Do you do it on wet or dry hair and how do you arrange them? Do you curl up or under? Also what products? Do you have to re-roll each night?

I'm in:yep:.........as soon as I can find the perfect product combo for it. The creamy leave in and serum isn't working for me.

Angelinhell i find that a liquid leave in and a setting lotion gived me nice results when i rollerset. My favorite combo is razac leave in and a vitale setting lotion.( I like the mo body thickening one and the olive oil foam)

Napp thanks, a lot of people seem to love the razac. I'm going to the bss tomorrow, I'll look for that or infusium 23. Anybody care to give me some more suggestions?

I want to join. I have rollers in my house and not a clue how to rollerset. I'm going to try to figure out and start rollersetting and bunning. Are there any rules to this challenge?

I want to join. I have rollers in my house and not a clue how to rollerset. I'm going to try to figure out and start rollersetting and bunning. Are there any rules to this challenge?

The rules will be to come, learn and expeirtment! I plan on making it an open challenge in case people only want to roller set for the winter, or less than a year. I will of course ask for stats and encougage pictures, but I want to keep things as open as possbile to get all ladies interested and to allow the thread to function as a resource!

Rollersetting vet checking in! I'm excited to help in anyway I can. Count me in

Thanks for offering a hand! You will be much needed.

I will create the Thread just before Thanksgiving!

I've been thinking about doing something like this. I like my hair big and glorious; the way it looks when it is blowdried but I'm trying not to blowdry every week. I have been attemping to use curlformers once a week in its place. Today my hair is in a big messy sexy bun. I'm very pleased because I was kinda shaky on these things before. I got the idea from Naptural85 on youtube.

I've been thinking about doing something like this. I like my hair big and glorious; the way it looks when it is blowdried but I'm trying not to blowdry every week. I have been attemping to use curlformers once a week in its place. Today my hair is in a big messy sexy bun. I'm very pleased because I was kinda shaky on these things before. I got the idea from Naptural85 on youtube.

GHlad to hear abot your curlformers success. I plan to also try them as a means of streching with only indirect heat. You should definielty considering joining once the offical challenge is posted next month.

I also want a more exciting title than Rollersetting 2013. What do you ladies think of Setting To Success 2013? All ideas are welcomed!

Back