• Yes! I want to get my roll on

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Sure/For a while/please speicfy

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rollersetting for the most part had breathed life into my hair, but at the same time, has caused a lot of damage to my crown. I need to find a new way to set my hair I think. For now, I'm co-washing and bunning but I may return to rollersetting next year.

Rollersetting for the most part had breathed life into my hair, but at the same time, has caused a lot of damage to my crown. I need to find a new way to set my hair I think. For now, I'm co-washing and bunning but I may return to rollersetting next year.

Sorry to heart about your damage? How do you think it happened: tension, the clips, handling?

Hopefully you can pin point it so you and other ladies can avoid issues in the future and you can get back to setting!

Sorry to heart about your damage? How do you think it happened: tension, the clips, handling?

Hopefully you can pin point it so you and other ladies can avoid issues in the future and you can get back to setting!

Sitting under the dryer for hours with the heat concentrated on my crown. It would dry first but my sides would still be wet so I'd have to sit under there until my whole head was dry. The crown is dry and brittle from too my heat. It's a few inches shorter than the rest of my head and it used to be the longest section of hair on my head. I would advise you to either airdry, use a hand dryer or find a bonnet dryer that does a better job circulating heat.

^^ Funny I never would have thought of that. My crown dries slowest, so I may be safe. But I will keep that in mind. Maybe you could try curlformers as they can be used without heat.

I am in, I like how smooth and moisturized my hair is whenever I rollerset. I am going to try to exclsuively rollerset my hair for 6 months. I just purchase a new bonnet hair dryer which should arrive any day now.

I'm in. I love rollersetting anyway but sometimes I've been tempted to do braidouts or just flat iron the entire length and I think my hair has suffered for it. So, 6 months with a reveal in May 2013?

I would love to join!!!
I will be rollersetting once a week.
Im a newbie at rollersetting but Ive learned so much so far
I still need lots of practise,this challenge will do me good.

Sitting under the dryer for hours with the heat concentrated on my crown. It would dry first but my sides would still be wet so I'd have to sit under there until my whole head was dry. The crown is dry and brittle from too my heat. It's a few inches shorter than the rest of my head and it used to be the longest section of hair on my head. I would advise you to either airdry, use a hand dryer or find a bonnet dryer that does a better job circulating heat.

Is there a way you can invest in a better dryer? I use my beloved Pibbs which dries me uniformly, that way no other part of the hair receives more heat waiting for the sides or nape to catch up.

The Salonruss dryer on wheels has good reviews (salonsrus.com)
babyliss (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002NGMEY4/ref=sr_1_38?ie=UTF8&qid=1171804544&s=hpc&sr=1-38)
pebco (http://www.amazon.com/PEBCO-Tools-Ionic-Stand-Dryer/dp/B0042I37II/ref=pd_sbs_bt_1)

and there's a thread where a member bought a Sanlan Hairdressing Industrial co hair dryer on ebay and it was similar to the Pibbs, including the whirlwind action the Pibbs has and which makes it so great.

For now, try to use less tension in the crown rollers, dc extra on the crown, baby that area.

I'm in. I love rollersetting anyway but sometimes I've been tempted to do braidouts or just flat iron the entire length and I think my hair has suffered for it. So, 6 months with a reveal in May 2013?

Great Question my goal is to have four picture dates: January, May, September and December. but people are free to post pictures at any time.

My goal is to create the official thread at the end of the month. I have saved all your screen names to notify you when the thread is created. In the official thread you can post information about how and when you set your hair and drying methods.

I understand everyone will be on different schedules but my goal is to create a resource for help and place for sharing frustration through the process and of course share pictures. By this time next year we can all have our goals and bouncy curls!

Title Ideas:
Setting to Success
Rolling to Perfection
any thoughts? I want something that is inclusive so ladies with traditional sets, curl formers, flexi rods and the like will feel free to drop in

Is there a way you can invest in a better dryer? I use my beloved Pibbs which dries me uniformly, that way no other part of the hair receives more heat waiting for the sides or nape to catch up.

The Salonruss dryer on wheels has good reviews (salonsrus.com)
babyliss (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002NGMEY4/ref=sr_1_38?ie=UTF8&qid=1171804544&s=hpc&sr=1-38)
pebco (http://www.amazon.com/PEBCO-Tools-Ionic-Stand-Dryer/dp/B0042I37II/ref=pd_sbs_bt_1)

and there's a thread where a member bought a Sanlan Hairdressing Industrial co hair dryer on ebay and it was similar to the Pibbs, including the whirlwind action the Pibbs has and which makes it so great.

For now, try to use less tension in the crown rollers, dc extra on the crown, baby that area.

I saw that Babyliss at Sally's for $80 but some reviews say the head breaks. I will look into it.

I want to join BUT I never finish any darn thing :) LOL

Since I relaxed on the 12th, after not relaxing since 5/2011, I've been rollersetting. I use distilled or purified water, creamy leave-in, & serum. Works like a charm.

I'll see how long I last in this challenge & hopefully I can lend some support!

Happy rollersetting ladies!

I am interested in joining also. I am new to rollersetting and have only done one but I am interested in getting better and doing them a lot more. Count me in. Thanks for starting this.

Great! I am happy to have so many ladies that I can learn from and share with! I will be starting the challenge November 1 and will tag each of you! I plan on really giving this a go so don't be surprised if the challenge is always on page one or am writing you message asking for tips and tricks!

Count me in. One of the things I am worried about is I am natural. For you naturals that exercise...how do you plan on keeping your rollerset on point?

Doing a rollerset tonight. The one last week did not turn out so good but it worked out to be a great updo. I have watched a few videos and now I am ready to give it another try. Practice makes perfect, right?

OK, my rollerset turned out really nice. Watching those videos helped. In addition, I think it was a combination of the rollers I used, the leave-ins, and the setting lotion. I did not take pictures because it was late and I had a lot to do. I plan to do one on next week so I will post pictures of that one. I am not as intimidated by rollersets now.

Back