Robin Roberts takes the wig off: I Am Not My Hair

I was wondering if any of you ladies happened to catch Robin Roberts, co-anchor of Good Morning America and post-chemo patient, officially stop wearing wigs on national t.v. ... specifically ABC/Good Morning America.

I thought that video clip was so powerful. Especially when she said: "I am not my hair". Now before hearing her say that, I just took those lyrics as any ole thing because I believe my hair is truly a part of who I am, but it helped me stop stressing over my hair for just a bit. BTW, she looks BEAUTIFUL...more so with a fade than that wig.

I have so many thoughts on the issue, especially how the big whigs @ ABC are feeling about a black woman rocking her natural hair...but I just wanted to share.

Check the clip out @ http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4693976

...now if I could just find out what this "hair fertilizer" is that she mentioned at the end of that clip... :look:
Very beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing. Now, can I get some tissue?

This almost made me cry!:cry3:

Beautiful woman, beautiful person, beautiful story! I know and hope this inspires others.

Oh darn, I got misty.

She looks absolutely luminous. She was beautiful with the wig, but she's STUNNING without it. I pray she sees that. :)

p1

I didn't even know she had been treated for cancer. Talk about an inspiration and a true fighter. She looks absolutely regal with a shaved head too. I am in total awe at the beauty she radiates. :rosebud: :rosebud: :rosebud:

That had to be one of the most beautiful things I have ever watched. I plan to view this when ever I get discouraged. thanks for posting.

She is a beautiful woman...inside and out...with hair or without.....whether she whispers or shouts....:yep:
A Shero is BORN!!!

*types through tears*

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO proud of her omg!!:cry3:

That is just so inspirational and moving

She has the PERFECT head to rock the ceasar too, I wish her health and success, I remember her hair for the inauguration and I thought it was stunning.

God bless her, and keep her in his heart.

OMG that was just remarkable:cry3:

She looks really good. Dang, black women really do look good bald and with short do's . Is there any style we can't rock?

Back