Review of Salerm v. Lacio Lacio

KinksnCurlz

As promised, i tried the salerm21 (as a leave-in) when i went to the salon. MY domican experience sucked butt big time but i will not upset myself by reliving it
mad.gif

Salerm21
Thick, with a slight smell (nothing bad). I used a quatersize amount along with a nickel size amount of pure jojoba oil. She left it in, and set my hair. Once the rollers were removed, my hair had that 'heavy' feeling. To describe the feeling, it's as if my hair is 'dirty' and is in need to be washed again. It also sheds more. Although it still moves and such, it's just not as lite as it was last week. Now, the chick blew it out and then i went home. Yes, i flat ironed it and wrapped it. I am at work now and am taking it out for the first time so give me a sec... be patient... im still removing the pins
laugh.gif

UGHHH, i hate it. I will say that the salerm does make my hair look thicker, it still is too heavy for my liking. I'm going to go look at it in the bathroom, i'll b right back. I'm really serious, i'll be right back.

Okay, i am back
grin.gif

My hair does look nice, i just don't like it
perplexed.gif
b/c of the way it feels.

Since i like to give a product 3 chances, i will get my hair done by the RITE stylist this wkend and use the salerm once again. If i still have that heavy feeling, i am going to just give that baby to my mama.

Lacio Lacio
As i said in a previous post, it has a lighter consistency. The stylist used a quarter size dallop and left it in and set my hair. Once the rollers were removed, she blew my hair dry and i wnet home and flat ironed it. The next day, my hiar was light and airy (the way i like it). Blowable (in the wind), soft to the touch AND NO SHEDDING until the entire week was up (that's how my hair gets down
laugh.gif
).

Final Results
Salerm
down.gif
down.gif

Lacio
up.gif
up.gif
AND 3 snaps in X formation
smile.gif

Thanks for the review. I still have yet to try the Lacio, but I will be before the week is over.

Just a question for you not regarding the products you used but why do you flat iron your hair after you go to the dominican salon? Is there a certain style you are trying to acheive or is it not straight enough? I've never known anyone to do this after they go to the Dominicans.

a quater size is too much, I think, but I dont know why u use it when u go to the beauty parlor I am sorry but if U dont get a reduction in price, I would not use my stuff, LOL

Edited to add, ye why do u flat iron?

See I kind of like the heavy feel because that tends to make my hair look full. When my hair is too light it doesn't work for me, because it's also naturally thin.

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
Just a question for you not regarding the products you used but why do you flat iron your hair after you go to the dominican salon? Is there a certain style you are trying to acheive or is it not straight enough? I've never known anyone to do this after they go to the Dominicans.

[/ QUOTE ]

I flatironed the first time only b/c i got caught in that dreaded NY humidity and had to fix that frizz. I did it the second time b/c i HATED the way that
censored.gif
did my hair. I've been out of the hair loop (salonwise) for so long that i haven't been able to find anybody that is worth it. I think i'm going to go back to harlem... Maybe sunshines or above ground. Pepperanne told me about this spot (can't remember the name of course) on 149th i believe, so maybe i'll try there...

[ QUOTE ]
AnjelLuvsUBabe said:
a quater size is too much, I think, but I dont know why u use it when u go to the beauty parlor I am sorry but if U dont get a reduction in price, I would not use my stuff, LOL

Edited to add, ye why do u flat iron?

[/ QUOTE ]

i bring my own stuff b/c they usually don't have what i am use to. also, that salon didn't have the salerm. and yes, i agree, quartersize is too much so next week i will opt for a dime size amount.

There's a Dominican salon on 149th and Amsterdam called Rosalina's that's the one I go to and have never had a problem. Although they tend to be EXTREMELY crowded all the time. I find that after work is the best time to go. It is pretty empty then but don't even attempt a Friday Saturday or Sunday.

That's the one
smile.gif

thanks girlie. I like going after work as opposed to the wkends b/c then i have to get up early and cannot enjoy my eggs, turkey bacon and toast
laugh.gif

CH, totally off topic, but don't you just love turkey bacon! My son and I tear it up on Sat and Sun morning.
lick.gif

Aww, Mannnnnn!!!
ohwell.gif

Carmel Honee, I'm sorry that it didn't work for you. I just bought it and haven't used it after shampooing yet. I'll post my results soon. Thanks for your review.
smile.gif

If its not crowded then go to Carmen if she is there. She has long red hair and is in the second chair. Sometimes its a lot of people waiting for her to blow their hair and if so then I just go to whoever is available but that's because I dont get my hair blown out I just have it wrapped or I just have them blow the roots and wrap it so it really doesn't matter who I go to. But you know its like an assembly line in there. One person washes, one rolls and one blows. Sometimes the wash and roll person are the same though. Since the blowing is the most important step and you want your hair fully blown then go to Carmen. Also I bring my own shampoo. I don't like the shampoo they use although they do use Alter Ego deep conditioner and that's supposed to be really good. They also have Salerm there for a leave in but you have to request it. It's hidden somewhere. I guess they don't want everyone to know they have it. But since you have it I would bring it with me.

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
LMAO.
GIRL I WOULD KILL 4 some louis rich turkey bacon
lick.gif

@ Wolftrap - who should i go see?

[/ QUOTE ]

lick.gif

Stop it!! Stop it!!! I didn't get to have breakfast and am stuck at work!

Honestly, i HATE having my hair blown out... i only did it these past 2 times b/c my hair wasn't fully dry and i was ret2go
laugh.gif

i just like the roots done, doobie wrap and get the hell out
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
dtachi said:
[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
LMAO.
GIRL I WOULD KILL 4 some louis rich turkey bacon
lick.gif

@ Wolftrap - who should i go see?

[/ QUOTE ]

lick.gif

Stop it!! Stop it!!! I didn't get to have breakfast and am stuck at work!

[/ QUOTE ]

Once a week, me and the princess make this. she eats that bacon like somebody is going to snatch it out of her hand
laugh.gif

Y'all are making want some turkey bacon.
laugh.gif

I like the thinner consistency of the Lacio Lacio, but it doesn't smell as good as the Salerm, IMO.

BTW--Does anyone know how Salerm and Lacio are pronounced? I've been calling them "Sah-lairm" and "Lah-cee-o".

Then you are like me then. As long as you have a relaxer then you should be fine with just the roots blown. Then it would make no difference who you go to if you just get that done.

My son acts like a monster when he smells that turkey bacon cooking. He comes barrelling around the corner, eyes bugged out, nose flared, hollering "turkey bacon!" He is 8, soon to be 9, going on 25!

[ QUOTE ]
kisz4tj said:
See I kind of like the heavy feel because that tends to make my hair look full. When my hair is too light it doesn't work for me, because it's also naturally thin.

[/ QUOTE ]
smile.gif
I like the heavy feel too. It helps keep my super thick hair from looking crazy thick. I guess you could say it kind of tames my hair.

Back