Review Miss Jessie`s Stretch Silkening Cream

sky035

Formerly Lisaaa Bonet
I am reviewing Miss Jessie`s Stretch Silkening Cream since I bought it thinking that it could become my holy grail moisturizer & styler in one. I bought it in Canada (Honeyfig store on Yonge & Sheppard) for $32.00 (8 oz jar). I washed my hair using Paul Mitchell`s Awapuwi shampoo. I followed with Suave conditioner. I applied the cream to my wet hair. I tried the product alone, with the Quick Curls, and with a leave-conditioner.

Smell: the product has a light, flowery smell that is not as strong as the Curly Pudding, Buttercream, Baby Buttercream or the Meringue, which for me are simply too overpowering. People at my work were complaining about the smell in the hallway :ohwell:. It almost smells like a hand lotion and is not sweet or does not smell like vanilla or candy in any way.

Feel & Look: When used alone without the Quick Curls or a leave in, my hair felt hard, crunchy, and had the same feel of the Curly Pudding :nono:. When I used it with the Quick Curls I had the best results. My hair was well defined and felt moisturized. It felt dry to the touch and was not greasy. My hair did not feel overly weighed down as it did with the Buttercreams. When I used a leave-in underneath, I got similar results to when I used it with the Quick Curls.

Overall: I liked the way that my hair looked with this product. I think that Miss Jessie`s did a good job of coming up with this product; however, I wished that the product did not have mineral oil in it for the price. To me, when used alone, it feels more like a styler, so it really has to be used with the Quick Curls or with a leave in for added moisture. At least it worked this way on my hair, which I get texturized 3-4 times a year. I find that this product is too expensive to be using along with the Quick Curls, which is also expensive. As much as I liked the results, for the price, I will leave it alone and will not repurchase :nono:.

The picture of me in the blue tank is of my hair with the Stretch cream without the Quick Curls.

Attachments

• Miss Jessie's Stretch Cream Dry Aug 2009.jpg
    Miss Jessie's Stretch Cream Dry Aug 2009.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Your hair looks great! I got this product during the December BOGO sale and actually like it for twistouts. I was shocked that it had the hold that worked for my hair (4a/b)as it's advertised for 'wash and go' hairstyles. I LOVE the smell as well.

Your hair looks great! I got this product during the December BOGO sale and actually like it for twistouts. I was shocked that it had the hold that worked for my hair (4a/b)as it's advertised for 'wash and go' hairstyles. I LOVE the smell as well.

Thanks so much Levone...I bought this product after seeing a post by FindingMe about KabrinaM's Youtube review. At the time my hair was experiecing excessive dryness and I thought that this would give me the results that I wanted. It did, but my hair uses so much product, that I realized that I could not sustain using the product for too long without going flat broke. I agree with you about the smell :lick: which is a thousand times lighter than any of the other products. I actually liked the smell of the curly pudding, but it was simply too strong for me and often gave me a headache :nono:.

Although I perfer other styling products, out of all Miss Jessie's styling puddings, this is the one I most perfer (see siggy..jan pic is styled with Stretch Silkening Creme)

Although I perfer other styling products, out of all Miss Jessie's styling puddings, this is the one I most perfer (see siggy..jan pic is styled with Stretch Silkening Creme)

So1913, how often do you use it? Will you keep it in your regular rotation since you had good results with it?

Back