Returning with some sad news....

Hello ladies, I've missed this forum oh so much but I had to take the time and update you guys on how I'm doing on this very long and strenuous hair journey.

*I had a setback in January of this year of a cut from almost brastrap length to shoulder length by a scissor happy stylist. I was working on getting to brastrap and I DID (THANKS LHCF!!) however I recently decided to allow a relative trim my hair and she did the same exact thing! So now I have a shoulder length blunt cut- my ends are so thick when I twist my hair it barely stays in. So now instead of complaining- I am going to go right back it again and I need some advice

-Now that my ends are in tip-top condition what can I do to keep it that way? while my hair is straightened and natural?

-My hair knots up easily so how frequently should I be getting my hair straightened? (ps. i have very thick coarse resilient hair)

Thanks in advance ladies.

ps. visuals are in my fotki album!

Girl, you better stay away from those SHS! :nono:

As far as caring for your ends, you can either seal them with an oil after washing or add a creamy leave-in or both. I mix Giovanni Direct or Profectiv Healthy Ends in my hands with a little jojoba oil or coconut oil then I apply it to the last 3 inches of my hair. In addition to keeping my ends from breaking, these combos do a great job of sealing the ends and keeping them from being frizzy and unruly.

Where knotting is concerned, I'd say that regular, thorough detangling is going to be your friend. I have had similar issues in the past, and I had to really get in the habit of taking my time and working completely through my hair in order to keep knots and matting away.

HTH
{DI}

Moisturizing and sealing your hair ESPECIALLY Your ends. I also use profective ends/ or ntm on the last couple inches of my hair and then seal with evoo or wgo. Bunning and protectve styling has helped my hair retain length.

If your looking for a way to straighten id say a ceramic flat iron. I flat iron about 5 times a year with a Chi. Do a major Deep Condition/Protein before you iron and after. I usually wash my hair and add my leave in and heat protector the night before and air dry in like 6 buns so my hair is pretty straight. I dont use a blow dryer or anything else just the flat iron. Always use a heat protector (IC HEAT in the pink bottle is really good)

Cowashing and bunning has helped me with my tangles. I only comb my hair when washing in the shower with tons of conditioner. I NEVER comb my dry hair. HTH

i'm sitting here like :eek: , not another SHS. I was waiting on some updates and been wondering where ya been. Well you made it to BSL in less than a yr, so hopefully you'll be back there just as quick.

If you need a TRIM again, send me a PM and I'll hook you up.

BeautifulWideEyes said:
i'm sitting here like :eek: , not another SHS. I was waiting on some updates and been wondering where ya been. Well you made it to BSL in less than a yr, so hopefully you'll be back there just as quick.

If you need a TRIM again, send me a PM and I'll hook you up.

Thank you sooooo much for understanding, and I will be hitting you up for that trim when I need it. What you just made me realize is that I DID get to BSL in a little under a year- that is crazy!!! God is good! All that work I put into my hair though, I don't know if I can do that all over again... :(

angelita842002 said:
Moisturizing and sealing your hair ESPECIALLY Your ends. I also use profective ends/ or ntm on the last couple inches of my hair and then seal with evoo or wgo. Bunning and protectve styling has helped my hair retain length.

If your looking for a way to straighten id say a ceramic flat iron. I flat iron about 5 times a year with a Chi. Do a major Deep Condition/Protein before you iron and after. I usually wash my hair and add my leave in and heat protector the night before and air dry in like 6 buns so my hair is pretty straight. I dont use a blow dryer or anything else just the flat iron. Always use a heat protector (IC HEAT in the pink bottle is really good)

Cowashing and bunning has helped me with my tangles. I only comb my hair when washing in the shower with tons of conditioner. I NEVER comb my dry hair. HTH

Will defintely enforce not combing my hair when it isn't wet, however cowashing is going to be hard especially for the winter, I might just slap my hair into some braids.....

carribean_dream said:
Hello ladies, I've missed this forum oh so much but I had to take the time and update you guys on how I'm doing on this very long and strenuous hair journey.

*I had a setback in January of this year of a cut from almost brastrap length to shoulder length by a scissor happy stylist. I was working on getting to brastrap and I DID (THANKS LHCF!!) however I recently decided to allow a relative trim my hair and she did the same exact thing! So now I have a shoulder length blunt cut- my ends are so thick when I twist my hair it barely stays in. So now instead of complaining- I am going to go right back it again and I need some advice

-Now that my ends are in tip-top condition what can I do to keep it that way? while my hair is straightened and natural?

-My hair knots up easily so how frequently should I be getting my hair straightened? (ps. i have very thick coarse resilient hair)

Thanks in advance ladies.

ps. visuals are in my fotki album!

What:eek: ?? how did your stylist explain that? Surely she didnt think all that length was damaged and needed to be removed. So sorry you went through these set backs.

angelita842002 said:

I'm going to try this the next time I feel the urge to straighten. thanks!

Back