Relaxing today: Is my game plan good?

Luscious Locks

Here are the steps I will take to ensure that this relaxer goes off without a hitch.

1. Relax w/ Optimum Care
2. Rinse very well with water
3. Aphogee 2 Min Keratin Recon
4. Neutralizing Shampoo 2x
5. Chelating Shampoo 1x
6. Moisturizing Shampoo 1.
7. Deep Condition 15 min
8. Acidifying Conditioner 3-5 min.

Am I set? Can you think of anything else? Please let me know. Show time is at 7PM.

Thanks ladies

Aren't you supposed to shampoo before the Aphogee 2 min? I've never self relaxed nor searched for info on it. . .so you may be right. It just definitely doesn't sound right to me.

No, not necessarily... although i havent done so myself, but i have read a couple of threads (in the past days or so) that she can do the protein treatment before neutralizing/shampooing but you have to rinse out the relaxer first, protein, then the neutralizer, cheleting, shampoo etc..

No, not necessarily... although i havent done so myself, but i have read a couple of threads (in the past days or so) that she can do the protein treatment before neutralizing/shampooing but you have to rinse out the relaxer first, protein, then the neutralizer, cheleting, shampoo etc..

Thanks for filling me (and Tay :lol:) in! That's interesting.

IDK if you know, but what would be the point/benefit of doing the protein treatment before you neutralize? Especially if you are going to chelate almost right after that. It seems like you'd need a protein treatment after you neutralize and shampoo rather than before.

Using a protein conditioner before you neutralize allows the protein to really get into your hair as the cuticles are raised (from the akalinity of the relaxer) and will be closed when you neutralize (lower the ph level back to normal). Getting the protein in at this step helps to repair some of the damage caused by the relaxer.

I did a post relaxer, pre neutralizing protein step for the first time during my last touch up and it made my hair feel so deliciously moisturized yet strong.

everything sounds good, except I wouldn't chelate. The neutralizing shampoo should be good enough.

OP...that sounds like a good plan and similar to what I know a lot of ladies do. I personally don't like to shampoo/manipulate that much so I leave them neutralizing shampoo on for several minutes before I rinse, cowash, and then do an ACV. I don't even dc, but it works for me.

I usually neutralize 3 times 1st time 5 mins 2nd 3 mins and the last 1 min. Then I use a moisturizing shampoo then dc then use rinse out conditioner. I use the chelating/clarifying shampoo a week before I relax my hair and then again at 1 month post.

Using a protein conditioner before you neutralize allows the protein to really get into your hair as the cuticles are raised (from the akalinity of the relaxer) and will be closed when you neutralize (lower the ph level back to normal). Getting the protein in at this step helps to repair some of the damage caused by the relaxer.

I did a post relaxer, pre neutralizing protein step for the first time during my last touch up and it made my hair feel so deliciously moisturized yet strong.

Yes. What she said.

Sorry, I did not respond. My mom dragged me all around town after work yesterday and I ended up relaxing late. It went pretty well. I forgot to base though-- by the time I remembered my mom wasn't even trying to wait for me. My scalp is okay, and will be much better once I oil it a bit. I will post pictures and a better review tomorrow.

Thanks, girls!

Aren't you supposed to shampoo before the Aphogee 2 min? I've never self relaxed nor searched for info on it. . .so you may be right. It just definitely doesn't sound right to me.

It penetraits more if u use a treatment before closing up the cuticle with the neutralizing shampoo.

So...Sounds good...I would apply some oil on my hair before the relaxer to prevent overlapping. HHG

Back