Relaxed MBL ladies and beyond...stylist question?

Butterfly08

I was wondering if you ever have issues with stylists and your hair? For instance:

• Do they charge more because your hair is long and/or thick?
  • Do you find any of them are too rough with your hair or complain about the extra work to comb, dry and style it?
I was just wondering, I am now BSL :grin: and I'd love to get to a solid MBL. I'm just wondering how my salon experience might change with longer hair. My hair is extremely thick.

I'm not MBL but I hope I can answer:look:

I get a wash and set at the salon and plenty of women there have BSL/MBL. I neve rhear them complain about the hair. But I do notice that they arent as gentle comapred to someone with shorter hair. Or maybe longer hair tangles more.

And they do get charged more. But every salon is different.

Actually at my salon, they have a sign that says you will be charged based on your length and density.

I guess thats one benefit of having short hair.

They charge more wherever I've gone here. I went to a salon that offers BKT special for $225. The owner took down my bun and said that they would have to charge me $50 more b/c of the length and thickness of my hair. I guess it makes sense...there is more product that has to be used, plus it does take longer.....I guess :perplexed

Last edited:
Hi Butterfly,
I'm BSL too, and I've been charged an extra $5 for "medium length/texture density" since I was APL. I guess it goes up to $10 at midback? I go to the JcPenney styling salon for my relaxers.

Back