Relaxed Heads - How often do you moisturize?

How often do you moisturize???

• 1-2x daily

Votes: 158 60.1%
  • A few times a week

Votes: 65 24.7%
  • As needed (explain)

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Never

Votes: 9 3.4%

• Total voters
I moisturize once a day with African Royale Hot Six oil

Attachments

• 6da9003b743b65f4c0ccd295cc484e57.jpg
    6da9003b743b65f4c0ccd295cc484e57.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 86
Cool to the touch is such a hard feeling to explain but when you achieve it, you just know it. Wouldn't you agree?

divachyk, yes it's hard to explain just like you said and it cannot be chalked up to cold weather, or the temperature in the room, hair strands feel smooth and silky, it kinda feels cool the way a silk scarf feels cool to the touch.

How often do you moisturize with a leave-in? once a day

What do you use? Mizani Coconut Souffle and Keracare Essential Oil to seal

What's different about how you moisturize now and how you did it at the beginning of your hair journey? i used to do it 2x a day and was heavy handed with products. my hair was so coated and would create breakage, stickiness since it is very fine.

now i apply dime size amounts. i think when my new growth gets really crazy, i will spray a little moisturizer only to my roots.

Twice a day.. I just recently made a daily moisturizer that has worked better than any other.. I mix in a spray bottle my herble essence long term relationship conditioner & neutrogena triple moisture leave in conditioner & water.. Best moisturizer ever.. This stopped my hair breakage!

Well at the start of my journey i used to use Elasta Qp Mango Butter ( remember that ya'll!! lol) I then started using only leave in conditioners (Lacio Lacio (mink oil formula), Salerm 21) But since i used up both of them I've gone back to the mango butter, its the new formula with olive oil.. I think i like this one better. But I'll moisturize like 2 times daily.

Still M&S'ing twice a day. Keepin' it Cool to the Touch.:lol:

Wiggin' it through this Winter (and it is COLD). I noticed I was wrapping my durag too tight, so I am in a Nylon Wig Cap to avoid any additional breakage/damage.:sad:

So, I have to keep my Moisture Level(s) on point until I find a replacement for the nylon wig cap.:ohwell:

How often do you moisturize with a leave-in?
I have to be honest, I have been sorely lacking in this area for over a year. I would do so whenever I felt like it which was not often at all - I was wayyyyyyy too busy too.

What do you use?
I am now using KeraCare Oil Moisturizer with Jojoba Oil which I love an aweful lot. It is extremely moisturizing and leaves my hair incredibly soft, especially when I seal it in with jbco. My actual leave-in is also by KeraCare but I only use it after I wash/cowash my hair.

What's different about how you moisturize now and how you did it at the beginning of your hair journey?
In the beginning of my hhj, I was taking far better care of my hair and slacked in a major way last year. I noticed that when I was not moisturizing regularly, I had massive amounts of split ends.

I just cut it all off over a week ago and is now moisturizing my ends once a day to once once every other day because I am a little heavy-handed some days. My strands feel a lot better now, I must admit. I can't let go like that again:nono:.

IDareT'sHair, I am too and thanks hun. My hair grows a lot faster when I am diligently taking good care of it, you know, dcing, treatments, moisturizing and sealing but it does equally as bad as when I am doing too much to it as well. I just have to maintain a nice balance of what I do/not do to it.

I'm newly natural, but when I was relaxed--or as I now prefer to say ahem--chemically straightened [;)] , I moisturized at least once a day with Lustrasilk Moisture Max. I discovered it while I was also color-treated--in winter and was struggling with dryness. I don't think I ever had a dry hair day after that. I used that product for at least 15 years, with one caveat: I was a frequent washer. Every 1 - 3 days. If you co-wash or wash less than weekly, you'd probably experience build up. Say whatcha want about mineral oil--it was my friend

I moisturize 1-2 times a day religiously! I dont worry about my hair being weighed down because I use lighter products like the Mizani Coconut Souffle (which is a whipped water based moisturizer) and light oils to seal like Jojoba, Argan, or Coconut (a little heavier). I used to only Moisturize every 3-4 days, but since Ive done it every day my hairs health has been SIGNIFICANTLY better!

How often do you moisturize with a leave-in?
Typically once every two days. Or whenever my hair feels dry. My rule is to never go 3 days without moisturizing my hair.

What do you use?
I don't use leave ins (I just order Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave-In) but I use Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter for now and seal with castor oil. I sometimes use shea butter as well.

What's different about how you moisturize now and how you did it at the beginning of your hair journey?
Only thing I do different is sealing with an oil. I never even heard about sealing in the moisture and used hair "lotions" with mineral oil which eventually made my hair dry.:nono:

Sealing has made a world of a difference and my hair is looking and doing so much better now.:yep:

At least once a day and sometimes twice because my hair is doing so well now because of it, I really don't want to mess it up....again.

I really hate setbacks and my ends really love and respond well to moisture, so I'll keep it up as best I can. You know I think I posted in here already:look::ohwell:

Since I do the GHE overnight every night, I spray my hair with water/conditioner and seal with castor oil hair moisturizer a few times a week.

In the begining of my journey I was doing many things wrong including not moisturizing at all smh.

Last edited:
Question for some of y'all: how long does your moisturizing process take? Are you mainly focusing on your ends?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

sharifeh said:
Question for some of y'all: how long does your moisturizing process take? Are you mainly focusing on your ends?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Literally like 2 min. I put castor oil which is in my applicator bottle and run it all around through to my scalp which take seconds and put my mizani souffle on my hair and take some castor oil in my hands and rub hands together on my ends and the rest on my hair to seal and comb through

Back