Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

10weeks 1 day post as of today.

1 week post and relaxing sometime in November when newgrowth gets on my nerves.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

11 weeks post and 7 more to go. This will be 18 weeks for me and the longest I have ever gone. I usually go 16 weeks. Wish me luck.

I was supposed to be relaxing this morning with the Optimum Amla Legend relaxer. Something told me to look at reviews before starting the process. Good thing I did :blush:. Needless to say I won't be using this product. :ohwell: Off to the store I go for my usual relaxer.

ETA: link to reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Softsheen-Car...iewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

I was supposed to be relaxing this morning with the Optimum Amla Legend relaxer. Something told me to look at reviews before starting the process. Good thing I did :blush:. Needless to say I won't be using this product. :ohwell: Off to the store I go for my usual relaxer.

ETA: link to reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Softsheen-Carson-Optimum-Legend-Relaxer/product-reviews/B00B1KM1XM/ref=cm_cr_pr_btm_link_next_2?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&pageNumber=2&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

wow I almost tried this relaxer but went with eden cream of nature relaxer..I am so glad I did..

I was supposed to be relaxing this morning with the Optimum Amla Legend relaxer. Something told me to look at reviews before starting the process. Good thing I did :blush:. Needless to say I won't be using this product. :ohwell: Off to the store I go for my usual relaxer. ETA: link to reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Softsheen-Carson-Optimum-Legend-Relaxer/product-reviews/B00B1KM1XM/ref=cm_cr_pr_btm_link_next_2?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&pageNumber=2&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Oh my god, why is that mess still on the market?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

3 weeks post. I am thinking about being fully relaxed instead of having telaxed hair. The only thing that stops me is I think I look boring with straight hair.

3 weeks post. I am thinking about being fully relaxed instead of having telaxed hair. The only thing that stops me is I think I look boring with straight hair.

Check out the thread I started about relaxed hair not being straight all the time.
I relax bone straight, but rarely wear it that way.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF

Nine and my head looks a mess. My plan was to not relax till September or October but that's not going to happen. If I make it through next week that will be a blessing.

I'm 9 weeks post and hoping to stretch until September. Just taking it one week at a time.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

31 weeks tomorrow. Getting braids or twists this week.

You guys what's supposed to be better Lye or No-lye?

The great debate.

Lye is harder on the scalp, easier on the hair. Probably won't straighten your hair as well as no lye. Doesn't require chelating.

No lye is easier on the scalp, harder on the hair. Will straighten the hair the best. Required chelating and for some, extra moisture.

How much breakage do you long term stretchers get?

My last stretch.. Well failed transition was a nightmare. I reached 7 months post and experienced a lot of breakage. There were broken hairs on my shirt and on the floor each time I touched my hair, it was pretty bad. That's why I ended up relaxing because it became excessive. I'm afraid to stretch that long again actually.. Don't know how long I'll stretch this time.

I am giving up my natural hair on Thursday. I plan to stretch for 8 weeks at a time for the first year or so. Then I will stretch for 10 weeks at a time. The last time my hair was relaxed, 10 weeks was my limit!

I am giving up my natural hair on Thursday. I plan to stretch for 8 weeks at a time for the first year or so. Then I will stretch for 10 weeks at a time. The last time my hair was relaxed, 10 weeks was my limit!

What made you give up on your natural hair? ( if you don't mind me asking)

Back