Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

9 weeks post... Going thur withdrawals... 9 more weeks to go hopefully... First relaxed stretch... It's been pleasant with wigs on...

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

This is how I got to 6 months....I know products have changed and it will probably be easier than it was when my mom was fighting with my hair as a child but it makes no sense to transition if I'm going to be fighting my poof wearing it straight all of the time. Decisions,decisions indeed!

This is the only thing about going natural that makes me anxious. I would love to be a straight haired natural 100% of the time but then I think about the summer months and stressing about the puffiness and it bothers me.

I am still "transitioning" in the sense that I'm letting my hair have a break and I'm not relaxing any time soon. If anything, it'll be in September when I'm 7 months post. Hoping to gain 2 inches of growth between now and then.

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

8 weeks post.

Will texlax at 20 weeks post. I experienced breakage when I stretched 6 mos, so I'm aiming for 5 this time.

9 weeks post today 11weeks to go and i cant wait

I think I'm about 14 weeks. Going to wash and then relax next week.

9 weeks post. 7 more weeks to go.

I'm about 15 weeks post. I'm trying to stretch as long as I can. I'm wearing braids at the moment.

Somewhere around 22 weeks post…I'm not sure if I'm stretching or transitioning.

Somewhere around 22 weeks post…I'm not sure if I'm stretching or transitioning.

I'm in the same boat…I'm not exactly sure how many weeks post I am but I'm pretty sure my last relaxer was sometime in December so….like 26 weeks or so…Right now I'm just stretching indefinitely. I'm using sew ins as my protective style until I reach waist length (December 2015)….my hair flat irons really well so, for now I'll just keep stretching and flat ironing the leave out 1x a week.

6 weeks 5 days
I will self relax with Revlon
I plan to relax the first or second week in August

How many weeks post relaxer are you right now? 1 week 3 days

When is your next touch up? 15 1/2 weeks

What relaxer will you use? Mizani Butter Blends Mild

Are you going to a salon or will you self-relax? Going to the salon

Last edited:

10 weeks post with 6 more to go. Not doing too bad. I started doing a few roller sets to help hide the new growth.

10 minutes post relaxer.

8 weeks post relaxer today and hoping to stretch for another 8-10 weeks. I usually stretch for 12 weeks.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

KERC1974 - Welcome to the forum! Love your hair! Your ends are perfect! :)

2 days post. I won't stretch as long as I did this time (16 weeks). Will go my normal 12 weeks again

Back