Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

122 weeks post relaxer.

Next relaxer will be.....

JK, I'm transitioning. :grin:

Just visiting my old fave thread. :)

I'd love to be a hardcore relaxer stretcher. Like only getting touch ups 2-3 times a year. I'm looking to relax again in December. Getting used to air drying my hair and not caring about how my new growth looks

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

7 weeks post and discovered Scurl and banding method for airdrying...banding has changed my hair life for sure!

20 weeks and 1 day post relaxer. This is my longest stretch ever. Might transition...

I just relaxed today after 13 weeks post. I dnt know why but I'm underprocedsed. Oh well I will correct it next time.

I just relaxed sunday at 13 weeks post. It came out nicely and I got some retention!!

I think this 13 weeks is my cutoff for stretching. Not sure when I will relax again bc Im planning to get yarn braids in Dec

I LOVE this HHJ!!

1 week post. Relaxing sometime in February.

4 weeks. I went 24 weeks before doing last touch-up. It was my second time doing 6 months. Not sure i'll go that long next time. I think may shoot for anywhere between 12-15 weeks, since that will put me at about Christmas time.

I'll be 6 weeks post on Friday. Hoping to make it till the week of or the week before Christmas. That would be a 17 week stretch. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

11 wks Saturday
Relaxing next Saturday

9 weeks now... I need the Lord on this one cos I cant take no more... lol... I put my hair in box braids and it will remain this way until the end of this month when ill gladly relax... After then.. I'll be relaxing religiously every 2 months... End of Feb, Apr, June, Aug, Oct, Dec...

I'd love to be a hardcore relaxer stretcher. Like only getting touch ups 2-3 times a year. I'm looking to relax again in December. Getting used to air drying my hair and not caring about how my new growth looks
Me too. I notice all the long-hairs stretch super long, like, 12-16 wks. I'm trynna get to 4 or 5 TU's a year. I'm at 12 wks now with a few more to go and this has been my longest and most successful stretch. My tricks: 90% moisture at 8wks+ and prepooing with moisture. :up: (h/t to Jen at justgrowalready, don't know her name here)

8 weeks down 8-12 to go...trying to decide if I should wait to go home to the States which would put me at 20 weeks post or relax here in Yaounde which I would do at 16 weeks post. I'll wait to see what the water supply situation is here in about 8 weeks.

8 weeks down 8-12 to go...trying to decide if I should wait to go home to the States which would put me at 20 weeks post or relax here in Yaounde which I would do at 16 weeks post. I'll wait to see what the water supply situation is here in about 8 weeks.

Water supply? Relaxer? Girl you better put your hair in braids and wait till you get home...

Almost 9 weeks post..relaxing the week before Thanksgiving at 15 weeks post. Still not using heat (blow dryer or flat iron) until then

I'm 28 weeks post relaxer and struggling. But today I had great ease.

I've learned that:

1) I CANNOT be lazy with my hair.

2) I HAVE TO wash my hair in sections.

3) I NEED a shower with high pressure.

4) I CAN ONLY wash with products that have slip.

October 5 - Saturday - I sectioned my hair into 3 (1 ponytail in the back and 2 pigtails on the sides) and detangled using a wide tooth comb and Anita Grant Monoi De Tahiti Oil. Next I cleansed using NaturelleGrow Lemon Detox Cleansing Conditioner and letting my Denman brush glide out tangles and shed hair in the shower. I deep conditioned using Moitions CPR Protein Reconstructor (slip!) & Anita Grant Tahiti Oil. Ponytail roller set using NaturelleGrow Leave in and CHI straight guard.
I will flat iron my hair later.

But today.... My hair needed this pampering. For the last 3-4 weeks my hair hasn't had the proper care and gentle detangling. Some products did contain silicones, etc but I think proper care precedes unfavorable ingredients.

Last edited:
5 months. Don't know what I'm waiting for. My hair is growing up and out. Lol

I started OWOC and that seems to help with tangles for now. I'll touch up after November.

I will be 16 weeks on Thursday when I get my touch up and trim. Yay! I can't wait.
Honi what's OWOC?

I am 8 weeks post and have not decided when my next touch up will be. My bday is in a couple of weeks and I originally wanted to relax for my bday, but I think I'd rather keep my stretch going. I will have to figure out what to do for my birthday hair!

23 weeks post and coastin'. I was going to texlax this upcoming week, but I think I'm gonna keep going. My stretch has been kind to me so far, so we gone see :look:. My hair has a tendency to turn on me with a quickness :yep:.

I'll be 6 weeks post on Wednesday.
The plan is to touchup on December 4th (at the earliest).

I'll be 16 weeks post on Sunday, my birthday is in 2 weeks and I'm undecided if I will relax then..

Back