Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

I'm realistically looking to do a May-June and Nov-Dec relaxer schedule.

My last relaxer was in Dec. I'm here at the end of April now and, while I have new growth, it's manageable and it's not enough for me to relax.

So sometime in May and June is probably a better relax date for me. Too much happens for us in May and I might be in a mood to rock my hair loose. Same with Nov-Dec, holidays and EOTY updates. So I'm sticking with 5-7 month stretches.

@MzSwift in here with those monster relaxer stretches! Stretch on Queen! :drunk:

As for me, I'm 8 weeks post today. With my newgrowth already coming in strong and since I was under-processed last time, I'll probably have to relax right at 16 weeks. That'll put me right around the week before 4th of July.

I like a fresh relaxer on a holiday because I'm usually out of my house (for once) and more than likely traveling somewhere.

Had to check in here to see where I am. Looks like I'm 12 weeks post as of yesterday.

Newgrowth is doing fine and I'm keeping it moisturized and unmatted. Cowashing with conditioners that contain jojoba oil seems to help at this stage.

Plan to relax at 16 or 17 weeks depending on my work travel schedule. They love popping last minute trips on me! :spinning:

Right, that's why I was confused! You said you would do it but you didn't post that you had done it.
So when you posted the new dates, I was thinking that you decided to try stretching longer or something! lol
@MzSwift
Yeah....and remind me to not neva' eva' go on a Saturday again! :censored:

All kinds of tomfoolery was jumping off up in there.:eek:

Thankfully, I had based my scalp with Vitale Base Cream before I got there and coated my length with a little of that and Nexxus Acidifying Conditioner (and so glad I did).:nono:

15 weeks post and I'm so over my hair.

If I had time, I'd relax today, but I have too much to do. I'll just keep bunning, moisturizing, and leaving it alone as much as possible.

The results of my last relaxer being under-processed is really coming through. I'm still mad at ORS for changing their formula! That relaxer used to process perfectly every time!

15 weeks post and I'm so over my hair.

If I had time, I'd relax today, but I have too much to do. I'll just keep bunning, moisturizing, and leaving it alone as much as possible.

The results of my last relaxer being under-processed is really coming through. I'm still mad at ORS for changing their formula! That relaxer used to process perfectly every time!
I'm cracking up because it was like one week you're cool with your hair and the next week you're over it lol. Sounds like me :rofl:

I cowashed for the second time this week tonight and only confirmed how through I am with my hair. I'm counting down to when I can relax. I'll probably process for 18 minutes instead of my usual 15. Hope to fix the under-processed areas from last time. I'll also smooth like there's no tomorrow! :drunk:

Here's what I'm dealing with. Ugh!
20240619_210516.jpg

If there's any way I can find time to relax, I'm doing it. Not waiting until Sunday if I can help it.

Back