Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

12 weeks 2 days post!

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

9 weeks, guess I won't relax until I decide on a relaxer.

7 weeks. I'm trying to go for 11-12 weeks and relax sometime after 8/21. Only thing is that's going to be a very hectic time since I'm relocating around that time and I don't know if I'll find time

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

1 week post. I'm stretching until the week of Thanksgiving which will put me at 18 weeks post. Longest stretch for me..

5 weeks and 5 days post, minimum stretch will be 12 weeks (first week of September) but I may try to shoot for 18 so that the next TU isn't until January 2013.

I am 6 weeks 3 days post. Wana hold out with my relaxer buddy but idk if I will make 11 or 12 weeks. I dont mind it if my newgrowth is soft and agreeable. No breakage though!!

22 weeks and 3 days. I am not sure when I'm going to relax. I said September, right now I am not sure if I'm relaxing again.

I'm at about 10 weeks post texlax. My hair seems like it's ready for a touch up. But I'm not. Sometimes I like this thick, almost natural hair....I tend to consider going natural and trying BKT or some other Keratin method of keeping the hair straight. But the thing is, I don't really want to wear my hair curly. So a texlax works for me.

I will probably touch up my roots in 3-4 weeks.

KaramelDiva1978 said:
I am 6 weeks 3 days post. Wana hold out with my relaxer buddy but idk if I will make 11 or 12 weeks. I dont mind it if my newgrowth is soft and agreeable. No breakage though!!

KaramelDiva1978 We can do it. Although in all fairness I'm in a sew in so I'm cheating lol.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

How many weeks post relaxer are you right now? 8 weeks today

When is your next touch up? August 11 or maybe earlier

What relaxer will you use? Phytoespecific Index II

Are you going to a salon or will you self-relax? Self

Going on 28 weeks post this Friday. Relaxing at week 33. Can't wait :)

How many weeks post relaxer are you right now?

5 or 6... Will go with 6 lol

When is your next touch up?

In 10 more week

What relaxer will you use?

ORS Lye- regular

Salon or self?
Self

I'll be exactly 6 weeks post this Friday. Honestly dont have time to relax until im about 13 weeks post (in the middle of Sept). Ideally I wouldn't relax until December... lets see if I can make it!

lovebug10 said:
I'll be exactly 6 weeks post this Friday. Honestly dont have time to relax until im about 13 weeks post (in the middle of Sept). Ideally I wouldn't relax until December... lets see if I can make it!

you can do it:)

4 days lol 7/21/12

When I feel like it.

Ill have to do my research and decide since this will be my first time doing it alone.

Are you going to a salon or will you self-relax?

See last answer.

sunnieb said:

I'm 10.5 weeks( go me!)
I don't know when my next touch up is! I'm slapping some extensions on and will make a decision in 8 weeks
I use Mizani Butter Blends Rhelaxer for sensitive scalp
I definitely go to the salon. I just don't think it's safe for me to do my own relaxer.

I'm 22weeks post. I'll probably relax around 26weeks.

I am 5 weeks and 4 days.. Braiding my hair into box braids for the rest of the summer! My buddy is @shortdub87 <<<(when are you relaxing??) I will try to wait until September I am in a wedding and I want my hair to be laid!!

How many weeks post relaxer are you right now? 4 days post

When is your next touch up? December 21 or thereabouts (my second ever stretch beyond 8 weeks)

What relaxer will you use? Mizani Butter Blend Fine/Color Treated (lye)

Are you going to a salon or will you self-relax? Self-relax

I am 5 weeks post

I plan on relaxing in December (6 month stretch)

I will probably use Ors again.

I will more than likely be self relaxing

How many weeks post relaxer are you right now? 3 weeks

When is your next touch up? I go for a touch up every 3-4 months

What relaxer will you use? She uses Affirm

I stopped relaxing myself in 2007. Now I only go to my stylist. I don't have time for all of that. I'd rather sit and wait on someone else to do it.

I am 15 weeks post today with 1 more week to go before I go to the salon and relax!!

How are you guys keeping the new growth soft/moisturized?

I use qp elasta lotion but the crown always seems to be never moisturized enough.

Also, are you combing the new growth? I find myself just combing from ear length to end of hair bc I'm too lazy to deal with the intensity of the ng.

Last edited:
Back