Relaxed heads: do you envy naturals sometimes?

Blkprincess

I have to admit, I do get envious of you natural ladies. when I started stretching for longing periods, I couldn't keep my hands out of my NG, because I loved the way my natural hair felt, then I saw my first teenie tiny coil...just adorable.:blush3: some of you naturals have the most beautiful hair, with your coils, waves, ringlets:love:. sometimes I regret ever begging my mom at 14 to perm my hair, all in the name of trying to be cute. should have took it as a sign when she had to use two box kits to perm my hair. :nuts: :perplexed

I'm usually a lurker, but I had to come out and say YES!!! :yep::look: I stretched for 6 months and really considered transitioning. I too fell in love with my coils and would stalk natural ladies' fotkis and be all in awe:drool:

I thought I was going to have to get relaxers for the rest of my natural-born life in order to have (pretty) straight hair.

Well, since getting my first blowout after growing out my relaxer, I almost started crying in the chair because that's when I TRULY realized that that was a BALD-FACED LIE!

I'm FREEEEEEEE!!!!!!

And I had relaxed hair for almost 30 years.

That's THREE DECADES.

That's 360 months.

LCHF is a true blessing (moreso, I think) for relaxed sisters to maintain their hair through the usage of the chemicals.

I thought I was going to have to get relaxers for the rest of my natural-born life in order to have (pretty) straight hair.

Well, since getting my first blowout after growing out my relaxer, I almost started crying in the chair because that's when I TRULY realized that that was a BALD-FACED LIE!

I'm FREEEEEEEE!!!!!!

And I had relaxed hair for almost 30 years.

That's THREE DECADES.

That's 360 months.

LCHF is a true blessing (moreso, I think) for relaxed sisters to maintain their hair through the usage of the chemicals.

I do agree with the maintenance issue for us relaxed heads. LHCF is a blessing, I've learned so much...I never would have fathomed stretching for 3 months and beyond, but I have successfully with what I've learned here.

Yes - when I look at some of the ladies here I really do envy their natural hair with all of its waves and curls. But, when I see my own new growth coming in, it is just dry and thick and woolly and unmanageable . . . so I can't imagine that having a whole head like that. I feel like if I had natural hair, I'd have to at least co-wash every single day . . . that's too much maintenence for me :nono: Even now, with all my dry new growth it looks like I have to co-wash every two to three days and that's seriously working my nerves.

The only thing that gives me hope that my natural hair might look nice is when I towel dry and then see the waves and ripples starting to form. (See the end of my hair in the Oct 2007 pic in my siggy.) My hair didn't do that until I came to LHCF and began a regimen . . . I suspect that's my hair's *real* texture coming out . . . .

Someday I probably will take the plunge and go natchal . . . but not now . . . I'm just too tied to the relaxer . . . .

are you going to do the BC or slowly transition with baby steps, I fear chopping off my crown and glory

I just posted my "coming out" thread. I'm gonna transition slowly w/ baby steps. My hair is already short, i can't deal w/ anything shorter right now. I'm gonna try to leave the "creamy crack" alone for as loonnnng as possible.

3-5 yrs from now, they gonna be envying ME!

Yes - when I look at some of the ladies here I really do envy their natural hair with all of its waves and curls. But, when I see my own new growth coming in, it is just dry and thick and woolly and unmanageable . . . so I can't imagine that having a whole head like that. I feel like if I had natural hair, I'd have to at least co-wash every single day . . . that's too much maintenence for me :nono: Even now, with all my dry new growth it looks like I have to co-wash every two to three days and that's seriously working my nerves.

The only thing that gives me hope that my natural hair might look nice is when I towel dry and then see the waves and ripples starting to form. (See the end of my hair in the Oct 2007 pic in my siggy.) My hair didn't do that until I came to LHCF and began a regimen . . . I suspect that's my hair's *real* texture coming out . . . .

Someday I probably will take the plunge and go natchal . . . but not now . . . I'm just too tied to the relaxer . . . .

I did notice some natural jheri curls:yep: it's hard to give up the creamy crack...but I think if I stretch longer and longer, I might do it, but that is a long way off. I want to be like the sistas who only relax less than 5 times a year.

I know I do. . . with all of their textures, but the option to make it straight if they want, and their insane growth, and their healthy ends. :arguing:

any of you ladies tried the Just for Me Texture Softener? I use their regular relaxer. my hair never gets bone straight anyhow...but their relaxer has that pre-moisturizer you put on before the relaxer, which I love, so even if my hair is not straight, it doesn't have that damaged stripped feeling. I want to try their texture softener though

maybe my mom can be my guinea pig:lachen:

I just posted my "coming out" thread. I'm gonna transition slowly w/ baby steps. My hair is already short, i can't deal w/ anything shorter right now. I'm gonna try to leave the "creamy crack" alone for as loonnnng as possible.

wow, more power to you...let me be the first to wish you well on your decision and journey:yep:

I wore my hair natural for like ten years and have been on the relaxed journey for the last 2.5. I must admit I sometimes miss my natural hair. But my DD is natural so I get to play with hers :grin:.

I wore my hair natural for like ten years and have been on the relaxed journey for the last 2.5. I must admit I sometimes miss my natural hair. But my DD is natural so I get to play with hers :grin:.

can't wait to have kids...if I have girls, they will never know relaxers even exist:lachen:I will pamper my sons' hair just as well. I love Will Smith's son's hair

I DO NOT!! I wonder why the going natural bug is biting some people....

I do envy the ladies with 3b/4a hair who have hair that naturally curls and waves in cute patters.

My hair is straight 4b. no curl. no waves. just snap back type hair. no envy here.

Yes, I do. Our natural hair is just gorgeous and sets us apart from everybody else. I am sure that I will transition some day, but for now my hair's texlaxed and I love it.

Yes I do. Like AP said, when I see the coils and curls of some people, it is beautiful, but mine would not be like that.

I know that with natural hair, I would have the illusion of more thickness, but I would damage my hair trying to make it look good to me. I know this for a fact. I still would consider going natural in the future though. Maybe when I am retired and have more time on my hands. Right now, I love being able to pull this hair back in a smooth style for work everyday and keep it moving!

I am fighting with this every single day! TO TRANSITION OR NOT TO TRANSITION, its driving me crazy!!!!!:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:.
I don't really remember how I took care of my natural hair, but I know it used to be healthy and people used to think I was relaxed. I can not stand the thought of doing the BC:nono::nono:, but I would like to try natchal hair and see if it would still work for me. Heck.. I don't even know what to do if I chose to transition. I don't know, I don't know, I don't know, what to do:wallbash::nono::rolleyes:.

I DO NOT!! I wonder why the going natural bug is biting some people....

I do envy the ladies with 3b/4a hair who have hair that naturally curls and waves in cute patters.

My hair is straight 4b. no curl. no waves. just snap back type hair. no envy here.

The natural bug has bitten some of us . We like it- we have all the styling options of relaxed and tex-laxed too. I do like my boingy hair and i can transform it, albeit temporarily. to flowing strands.
I do though at times envy people who relax cause their hair looks so beautiful- . I dont covet it though.:rolleyes:

I've transitioned three times already since I was a teenager because I do like my natural texture. I find I just do it when I get tired off the perms and relaxers. Someimes it's just a year or two in between. I'll probably give myself another year with this perm and then I'll transition for good. That's the plan anyway:look:

How wonderful that you are going natural! If you need any support, tips, or just someone to vent to, feel free to PM or leave me a guestbook message in my fotki. Good luck on your natural journey! Your hair is already beautiful and I know it will be even more so when you are natural.

Originally posted by nappity4b
The natural bug has bitten some of us . We like it- we have all the styling options of relaxed and tex-laxed too. I do like my boingy hair and i can transform it, albeit temporarily. to flowing strands.
I do though at times envy people who relax cause their hair looks so beautiful- . I dont covet it though.:rolleyes:

Yep, the styling options are nice! And your hair in your siggy is beautiful!:yep:

Back