Relaxed heads: do you envy naturals sometimes?

I started getting envious of the naturals about 3 months ago........And you can see where that lead :lachen:

:lachen:

Oddly enough, I envy naturals now more than I ever did relaxed. I wish my hair could just be all the way natural, already! Well, it could be, but I'm done with the scissors for now.:ohwell:

I agree that the grass is always greener. I'm sure I'll envy the relaxed ladies at some point once I'm fully natural.

Even though I'm a natural I think the grass is always greener on the other side. Sometimes I like the relaxed look.

This is sooooo true....when i'm natural, i want to be relaxed and when i'm relaxed i love the natural look.......i have gone from natural to relaxed to natural to relaxed several times.....lol:grin:

NO envy here.....I love the ease and versitilty I get w/ my relaxed hair......Natural is beautiful :yep:.....but just not for me. :nono:

I know I do. . . with all of their textures, but the option to make it straight if they want, and their insane growth, and their healthy ends. :arguing:

That is why I went natural. It is the most healthiest that it has ever been in my life and I don't want to do anything to mess that up. I will need to start detangling with a comb now because post partum shedding is beginning for me now and I don't the shedded hair to become tangled in with the hair still on my head.

:lachen:

Oddly enough, I envy naturals now more than I ever did relaxed. I wish my hair could just be all the way natural, already! Well, it could be, but I'm done with the scissors for now.:ohwell:

I agree that the grass is always greener. I'm sure I'll envy the relaxed ladies at some point once I'm fully natural.

Lauren you are sooooooo pretty! I'm sure you'll look amazing with a twa:yep: I say go for it!

I agree'd with the grass is greener...that was until I got a rollerset done at 5 months post and my NG looked like silk :grin: Now I think I can have my cake and eat it too!

I'm thinking about transitioning. I want my hair to be long as possible and I am wondering if it can get there faster natural. Only thing is I would wear my hair straight 99% of the time so I don't know.

I am envious of the ladies with relaxers... I love straight hair and wish I could have that hair all de time without the chemicals. But alas, me and the chemicals don't agree so I chose the natural path. It's just a matter of personal choice to be natural or relaxed.

I know for me in the not so distance past I was just relaxing and relaxing because it was the norm - following my "right of passage" so to speak. But coming into my own I saw that I had choices (I can have natural hair). I can just be me, go against the grain and to heck with what anyone else thinks or feels. lastly, I too think the natural bug has bitten alot of people on the board lately.

I have to admit, I do get envious of you natural ladies. when I started stretching for longing periods, I couldn't keep my hands out of my NG, because I loved the way my natural hair felt, then I saw my first teenie tiny coil...just adorable.:blush3: some of you naturals have the most beautiful hair, with your coils, waves, ringlets:love:. sometimes I regret ever begging my mom at 14 to perm my hair, all in the name of trying to be cute. should have took it as a sign when she had to use two box kits to perm my hair. :nuts: :perplexed

Well, while I wouldn't say I envy it, I totally LOVE natural hair! It is so beautiful; every time I see a lady with natural curls, I have to compliment her. I would go natural, one day, but I would have to do it without the BC; I hate scissors. :lachen:

I don't know if I could give up the sleek relaxed look if I ever do get start jonsing for a natural look.

I don't have any reason to envy naturals because I know I can "go natural" any time I want!!!:grin:

My problem is I get tempted. I usually get tempted during touch up time becuase I see my beautiful new growth.

I also get tempted when other people decide to go natural.

But then reality hits and I calm down.

I don't know if I could give up the sleek relaxed look if I ever do get start jonsing for a natural look.
Exactly. That's one of the reasons I stopped being natural. I wore my hair straight and sleek 90% of the time anyway. I was like what's the point? Besides I sweat very easiily and was touching up my look like everyother day which to me is just as bad as perming.

I feel like, if you're gonna be natural, be natural. Surely you can press or rollerset natural hair straight but there ain't nothin natural about straight hair whether you do it thermally (with pressing comb, dryer and/or flat iron) or chemically (with relaxer) IMO.

Nope! I have been natural off and on all of my life. When I get close to touchup time, I do get hand in hair syndrome, like when I was last natural. I don't stress because I know if I get tired of relaxing or something happens, I can go back to it. Being natural was so much simpler for me anyway. When that time comes,I'll just have to whip out my pressing comb and flat iron because I won't ever BC again.

I don't have any reason to envy naturals because I know I can "go natural" any time I want!!!:grin:

My problem is I get tempted. I usually get tempted during touch up time becuase I see my beautiful new growth.

I also get tempted when other people decide to go natural.

But then reality hits and I calm down.

Exactly. That's one of the reasons I stopped being natural. I wore my hair straight and sleek 90% of the time anyway. I was like what's the point? Besides I sweat very easiily and was touching up my look like everyother day which to me is just as bad as perming.

I feel like, if you're gonna be natural, be natural. Surely you can press or rollerset natural hair straight but there ain't nothin natural about straight hair whether you do it thermally (with pressing comb, dryer and/or flat iron) or chemically (with relaxer) IMO.

well for me, the point of me straightening my natural hair is to gain progress. my naturally curly hair gets so many knots that I have to end up trimmimg all the time, and its hindering my progress. So I am experimenting to see if keeping my hair straight during the winter will help reduce the knots and split ends. if I could wear WNGs all the time I would be in sheer heaven
:grin:

I appreciate the beauty of natural hair and admire the ladies who sport natural locks. I usually do a few weeks of braid outs and other textured styles to quench my craving of sporting both straight and textured/wavy styles. It works out well for me.

Yeah, I saw a girl with a beautiful natural afro. It was big and I could just imagine me looking that way.
If i han't permed freshman year in college, I would be rockin a fro right now.
ohh the pic in my avatar is me after taking my braids out, so as u can see I lov afros.

I only envy them when they can wear their hair straight 90% of the time :wallbash: Then I feel like I got a relaxer for no reason :sad:

I also envy because they have thick hair at their hairline, something I've never had since I've been relaxed at 8yrs old.

Envy them? *Nods head* But that envyness (if that's even a word) didn't start for me until I found LHCF!! And I'm going for it all the way, and I'll take all the haircare tips and advice from any and all naturals to help me through my journey! :)

I would say admire, not envy.
Envy would imply that I want that too.
Which I don't. It's more like, "Oh good for you! *goes to get a touch-up*"

Some of the ladies on here have the most gorgeous curls.:yep:

Nope. Natural hair is beautiful and I took the plunge about 3 years ago. I loved my twists and twistouts, but eventually decided to go back to relaxed, and I'm loving where I am right now.

I would of gone natural buy now but I am impatient for my hair to grow the natural length I want. I have always wanted to live chemical free. Always wanted to experience my natural hair and never worry about relaxers/overprocess//underprossed/scalp burn. I am a person that loves big hair too. One day..............

I think I'll try on a natural weave and see if I like it this year.

Last edited:
Back