Relaxed hair result pics!

Teja

Hey everyone!

This is my first post and I am really happy to have joined LHCF!
My hair is currently natural and I have decided to relax! You ladies have all inspired me to achieve long healthy relaxed hair and I would be so thankfull if you ladies posted some pics of your hair progress and let me know what relaxer you use, used for your journey!

I heard alot about Affrim fiberguard all answers would be really really appreciated!

Hi Teja!
:welcome: to the forum! Your hair looks great in your avatar BTW.

I have not been on my 'hair journey' that long, but my progress is in my siggy.

Welcome Teja,

Your hair really looks great. I'm sure you'll be having many answers of ladies out here. Just walk around the forum and lurk opened fotkis for a beginning. You may find tons of info there.

vestaluv your hair looks beautiful in your siggy its so conditioned and healthy what relaxer and treatments do you use?

welcome Teja.
My progress pics are in my siggy.

I used to self relax with Soft and Beautiful up until my hair became shoulder length.

Now I go get it relaxed professionally, and the hair stylist uses Mizani.

welcome to the forum, teja. your hair looks beautiful
eta: my progress is in my siggy. i''ve only been at thsi since about june. i use creme of nature herba riche no lye. i've been using this for about 3 years. however, many say that lye relaxers are better.

welcome!

I use mizani butter blend (normal strength). I've been using mizani for ~ 10 months to a year now.

Prior to mizani used motions. I prefer lye relaxer b/c it leaves my hair softer, thicker, and some of the texture remains.

Jackeduphair.jpg

(Pic of me in February/March of 07')

100_0829.jpg

(pic of me in October of 08'. It looks kinda curly because it was a braidout.)

When I relax I usually use Soft and Beautiful no-lye relaxer.

creme of nature herba riche, i try to use a lot of moisturizing deep conditioners and i moisturize every day. lately i've been using nourish and shine. i'm still trying to find the right condtioners. for right now though i deep condition every 4 days or 2x a week. I mostly rollerset. if i'm lazy i do something else... braids, twists, bantu nots, scrunch and go. i typically wear my hair in a bun unless its a special occasion then i wear it down.

Its so nice to see so many women taking care of their hair, it really inspires me to do so much more for my hair!

What about affirm fiberguard any good reviews I searched the forum and found alot of mixed views on the product!

Welcome Teja!!! :wave: Your hair looks beautiful!!! How long were you natural?

I used to use regular Silk Elements no-lye, but now I use the new Olive Oil one. I :love: Silk Elements!

I have been natural for almost four years and occassionally get my hair flat ironed!
But I have had enough of the hassle am ready to relax;)

I was using Affirm Fiberguard for 3 years and I actually liked it until in Dec. 2006 my hair started falling out by the handfuls everyday. It had never done that before and my regimen hadn't changed. Affirm does have rep for thinning out your hair .

Hi Teja,
Welcome to lhcf! I've been using syntonics (my stylist orders it online somewhere).
BTW, your hair is gorgeous!

So I guess with all of you expierenced ladies here, what relaxer would you suggest I use?

So I guess with all of you expierenced ladies here, what relaxer would you suggest I use?

That's a difficult question to answer right off the bat and a lot of ladies ponder that for a long time. You might try to find a person on the forum that has similar natural hair to yours and relaxes their hair and see what they use.

Two universal crowd pleasers seem to be ORS relaxer and Mizani Butter Blends. But I use Silk Elements from Sallys.

Ok thanks, so now it will be tuff finding someone who's naturall hair is like mine. Thanks though I think I will be using either mizani or affirm fiberguard!

I am still waiting for pics of people who use mizani and affirm fiberguard I just want a relaxer that will keep my hair healthy and actually let it grow!!!!But then again dont we all lol

Back