Regular conditioner used as a leave-in?

jennboo

Does anyone ever do this? I'm thinking about using my Aussie Moist conditioner as a creamy leave-in.

Yes, I do this all the time! I use sunsilk (the green bottle) and the organix coconut one, then I seal with oil. It works great on my hair.

I've used Aussie Moist as a leave-in in the past and it worked out pretty well. My hair was soft and smooth. However, the next day it was kinda dry.

Doing It may make your hair feel good and strong but you can also overcondition it and cause it to get hard and break. You should find a leave in conditioner. There are many good ones here.

Okay, what is the term when the universe answers your question? :drunk:

I was just about to ask who here uses regular conditioner as their main or only leave in!

I haven't really touched any leave ins for awhile, and have been using only conditioner. I'm thinking of sticking with this, it would cut down on my product usage. Last night I left in CON Moisture Extreme after I cowashed, sealed with EVOO, and my hair feels nice and soft.

Never thought you could do this - always thought it would lead to breakage - esp with the protein conditioners... this is definitely a new method!

I moisturize with a regular conditioner. I put nexxus humectress and water in a spray bottle that I use daily and then seal with oil.

When I cowash, I'll use whatever conditioner I used as a leave in...

:yep: Yep. I use GVP Nexus Humectress or HE LTR like this an my hair feel like butter, including my NG. It's one way I've reduced the manipulation after a co-wash. I just bun it up right in the shower and keep going. No muss, no fuss. My hair isn't dry at all.

I moisturize with a regular conditioner. I put nexxus humectress and water in a spray bottle that I use daily and then seal with oil.

The reason this works is because Nexxus Humectress IS a leave in and a deep condish, all in one. The bottle says that you can use it as a leave in. I wouldn't do this long term with conditioners that are not leave ins.

Last edited:
^^cosigning with the poster on the first page who said she uses whatever she just cowashed with as a leave-in. I then seal with coconut oil. However, I'm a daily cowasher, so I can't really say how this would work if it was a long-term thing.

Back