Ready to start this journey!

Summerdai21

Hi, I've checked out this site for about a month and you guys really know your information and I'm glad to be a member. I never really attemped to grow my hair. Until I came out of braid extentions this spring my hair was less than 1/2 inch on top and shaved in the back. I never thought it grew fast and always kept it super short. Since April, my hair has grown to my chin and I'm just seeing how long it will get.

I don't have a perm, when it was short I would just wet it and put some curl goop on it and go. Now, it's a headache, I tried to press it and it's so bushy. I don't know what my hair type is except it's very curly in the back and normanl in the front???? I keep it in those clip on pony tales, but I try to vary the style. Which is another problem, I don't know what to do with my hair that won't keep a lot of heat in it. I loved the braids, but they seemed to make my edges a little thin and I don't want a hairline that starts near my ear.

Again, I love all the knowledge flowing in here and hope you can give a sistah some tips. My hair today looks like a mushroom style from the 80's with a lot of grease in it...and that ain't cute!!!

wave.gif
Welcome to the forum! Be Prepared to...

Become addicted to this site (I'm well past addicition and into obsession now).

Get a load of information and make a lot of friends.
smile.gif

Get a lot of support and great advice.

Happy hair growing to you!

Welcome
wave.gif

I think you can find some natural styles at nappturality. There are also a number of protective styles since you want to grow it long. You said it's curly in the back and normal in the front. Normal like how?
Anyway, welcome again to the board.

[ QUOTE ]
Summerdai21 said:
Since April, my hair has grown to my chin and I'm just seeing how long it will get.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope I can get growth like that
smile.gif

Back