Rapid growth after BC

dejaomare

Ladies,

Did any of you experience rapid growth after removing your relaxed ends? I think my relaxed ends are stunting my growth to some degree.

It is the opposite for me. I thought my hair was growing pretty good while I was transitioning and when I big chopped in April, it looks like my hair did a stand-still. From April - August, my hair has only grown 1.5".

I'm in the South, it's hot, why won't my hair grow faster like others do during the summertime.

I'm sorry for hijacking your thread. But it was good to get that off my chest.

Besides, I wouldn't trade being natural for nothing in the world! I love my kinky, cottony looking TWA. This is the healthiest my hair has ever been and since being all natural, I've not experienced excessive shedding and hair breakage like I usually do this time of year. I love it!

I haven't BC'd yet, but I do shave the sides of my hair (a la Rhinna) and to keep my look, I I have to have it done like once a week. It grows soooo fast for some reason.

I would think you just had great retention. IMO, your ends have little to do with what grows out of your scalp. Cutting ends wouldn't affect growth from the scalp but would affect retention and reduction of splitting up the shaft.

I also think that once you chop, you go shorter, so you can see the growth more easily.

I had an 1/2 an inchon my head when I first bcd. Now I have 2.5 inches (3 in some spots) andits been two months since my bc. But I believe it was these vitamins that I was taking that gave me such great growth. Ever since I switched to gnc hsn my hair has been growing alt slower in my opinion. I wish I still had more of my old ones but I can't remember where I bought them from.

I had an 1/2 an inchon my head when I first bcd. Now I have 2.5 inches (3 in some spots) andits been two months since my bc. But I believe it was these vitamins that I was taking that gave me such great growth. Ever since I switched to gnc hsn my hair has been growing alt slower in my opinion. I wish I still had more of my old ones but I can't remember where I bought them from.

We bc'ed the same time. I'll be stalking your progress. My hair is growing but finding a way to stay moisturized is giving me fits. FITS, I tell ya. About to go measure.

I'm at 2" so that's an inch and 1/2 since big chopping. Yay me!

Last edited:
We bc'ed the same time. I'll be stalking your progress. My hair is growing but finding a way to stay moisturized is giving me fits. FITS, I tell ya. About to go measure.

I'm at 2" so that's an inch and 1/2 since big chopping. Yay me!

Wow so I do have a growing buddy out there. I had a problem with moisture when I first bcd Too. sealing with jojoba oil really helped me. I love that stuff. Right now I'm just on the hunt for a better hsn vitamin.

And congrats on your growth. Love seeing that my hair is actually growing healthy. I will be stalking you as well.

When you transition, you can easily see the growth because you don't have 100% shrinkage. Hair grows an average of a half inch per month. Some may get more due to vitamins, diet, or regimen. I'm transitioning now, but my natural hair retained more growth than relaxed. I believe retention of growth is the key. My hair has uber shrinkage so I could never figure out how long my hair was. I had a TWA so it took me longer to grow due to my own lack of patience. I realize that I want longer hair to start off with this time, so I am shooting for a year transition or longer.

Back