Hair Line Edges

You can also try colorless iodine. It's in most drugstores and stores like Family Dollar in the Hispanic section. Alternate days with the colorless iodine and shea butter and the hair should grow in if the follicles are still o.k.

how does the iodine work?????

My edges disappered on one side because of my braider earlier this year so I stopped her from braiding my edges. In the meantime I've been using my own sulfur mix and/or Dr Miracle's temple and nape balm. When I remember, I brush my edges with a baby boar bristled brush before applying product. Tingle,tingle!! It's growing in nicely.:yep:

You can also try colorless iodine. It's in most drugstores and stores like Family Dollar in the Hispanic section. Alternate days with the colorless iodine and shea butter and the hair should grow in if the follicles are still o.k.

Seriously????

i have this question too. i cant ever seem to not relax my edges because when i am post relaxer, they are so brittle that they start to break off anyway.

Last edited:
I see some grey tiny hairs peeking up on my edges and I think its going to take months to grow back properly. I am trying not to get discouraged in thinking that my hair regimen isnt working. I guess I am not the type that has fast hair growth. Using the castor oil is thickening up the rest of my hair but I dont notice any rapid growth. I just might be one of the ones that the hair grows very slow due to years of damage and needs to rejuvenate or something. :sad: I wish I had found this board years ago. I am just hoping that my edges arent so damaged that I wont see any signifcant growth at all. :sad:. I surely dont want to go through life with this mess of edges. Its damaged all the way to the ear line. A big gust of wind and the gig is up. :ohwell: But I am going to hang in there and continue with the hair treatment and hopefully see some significant results by the end of the year. I figure from years of abuse it most likely wont be springing into action rapidly.

My grandmother said the very same thing. When I asked her how does it work she said she didn't remember why or how she just remembers that it works and that it's an ole' school remedy from back in the day. :yep:

Back