Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I really want to wash my hair but I'm so tired lol. Welp, I bought some Marley hair for my Twists...whenever I get the energy. They will be done before I start school.

Whenever I wear twists/braids (not twist/braid outs- no time for alladat), my coily ends tangle horribly. Oil, gel, leave-in, fold over and spiral up, nothing helps. ugh.

as soon as hubby wakes up i am going to buzz my hair..bc again. my finger coils aren't holding. the ends are too dry and i think split. i neglected my hair...hey we all do it...

i don't mind starting over...hey new year..new start. my neighbor gave me this cute funky hat to wear.. she said when she saw it...she saw me in it... i want my hair to look nice when i have a hot flash and need to take it off...:lachen:

also i am watching the Girlfriends marathon and i loved Maya's mother's hair..

Last edited:
Saw some new SM products at Target.

I want to try them... BUT I'm on a no buy...

Hopefully someone here can give a review!

Whenever I wear twists/braids (not twist/braid outs- no time for alladat), my coily ends tangle horribly. Oil, gel, leave-in, fold over and spiral up, nothing helps. ugh.

Try using a thick pomade. My ends are ridiculously tangle prone, and will curl and knot up onto itself even while braided. However, applying bit of Oyin Sugar Berries Pomade to the ends keeps them smoothed out and tangle free for days.

Saw some new SM products at Target.

I want to try them... BUT I'm on a no buy...

Hopefully someone here can give a review!

I am only allowed to buy cowashes & moisturizing conditioners in the 2nd half of the year, but I still want to know what were the new SM products at Target. Do tell....

I need a company to come out with a line with no Shea butter, coconut oil , aloe Vera and avocado in the top 6 ingredient list. From conditioner to leave in to moisturizer to styler.

Is that too much to ask? One company. Consistently.

What about some salon products? There's some with hydrolized keratin protein or palm oil or soybean oil as the key ingredient.

I'm sorry. I know the feeling, but I promise it will grow back and your hair is probably healthier for it

It took me two years to get from bra strap to waist length, and the fact that I'm there again is really bumming me out. I needed a trim badly, so I'm trying to tell myself that everything that was cut is what needed to be cut.

It took me two years to get from bra strap to waist length, and the fact that I'm there again is really bumming me out. I needed a trim badly, so I'm trying to tell myself that everything that was cut is what needed to be cut.
Hopefully now that your ends are healthier, you will have better retention and less breakage so you can get your hair back to WL in no time.

I am only allowed to buy cowashes & moisturizing conditioners in the 2nd half of the year, but I still want to know what were the new SM products at Target. Do tell....

The ones I saw were for higo and low porosity hair... I know there are others as well.

Back