Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Installed my own extensions for the first time ever (Havana Twists)-- I can't believe it took me so long to try this, the freedom of doing it at home, plus the savings of $100+ dollars is priceless. I'll be protective styling all winter.

Currently hennaing my hair with a coconut milk and lemon juice mixture. Gonna keep it in overnight and see what happens tomorrow ^-^

I had a dream that my hair knotted up very badly, I went to the store to buy No More Tangles, came home and saw that I bought the wrong product. I had to chop my hair off :(

IRL, my ends have been knotting up very easily, so I know I need a trim, just haven't felt like straightening with this humidity.

So glad I recovered from product junkyism this year.

I feel for anyone who hasn't (but wants to).

I think I'm headed there... at least with expensive products anyway. None of them have been working for me. Mid-range and cheaper do a lot better and although there are a lot of those, that cuts my options about in half and it also causes me to curb my online purchasing. I'll be hella mad if I pay an arm/leg for something, shipping, wait to get it and then it doesn't work for me.

I bought the SM Manuka Honey mask during the Ulta 20%off sale. I had read some really good reviews. I kind of regret it now. I already have a GREAT moisturizing deep conditioner in Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm. I can't really imagine the SMMH being better. Now, after my Joico is used up, I'm going to have to use up the SM before I can get back to Joico.

I should've waited until summer to cut my hair off. My neck is super cold all the time now smh.
Girl, get you some scarves. At least you don't have to worry about them rubbing off your hair in back since you cut it off. If I weren't so overweight now I'd seriously consider cutting off all of my hair. Short hair really brings attention to a pretty face and short hair can be pretty itself too.

Girl, get you some scarves. At least you don't have to worry about them rubbing off your hair in back since you cut it off. If I weren't so overweight now I'd seriously consider cutting off all of my hair. Short hair really brings attention to a pretty face and short hair can be pretty itself too.

Lol that's a good idea. I just wasn't even expecting it to be this cold in Cali so I wasn't prepared! I love it shirt outside my neck situation. I don't know how you look at all but I have seen women of all sizes rock the hell out of shirt hair. It's all about how you carry yourself! I'm sure u would look great. :headspin:

I bought the SM Manuka Honey mask during the Ulta 20%off sale. I had read some really good reviews. I kind of regret it now. I already have a GREAT moisturizing deep conditioner in Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm. I can't really imagine the SMMH being better. Now, after my Joico is used up, I'm going to have to use up the SM before I can get back to Joico.

Girl yyyaaaasssss... I used it today and I'm so happy. I was like

TwerkAllOverRoom.gif

while I was rinsing. Sprayed some Aveeno Leave In and blow dried... Hair blingy and soft.

Limiting my purchases to a $ amount instead of a sale amount (35% off +) is already proving to help me make smarter choices.

I could and most definitely would have taken advantage of that 50% off Soultanicals that I ABSOLUTELY don't need but I realized I much rather pick up some more Asian Skincare with my few dollars. I already have a cart chillin for next pay day :)

I was wandering around in Target and came upon the haircare section.

Picked up some Alikay Naturals Honey & Sage Deep Conditioner for my RELAXED hair. LOL.

To my surprise, I saw Silicon Mix.......in Target?

I might go back and buy it just because....

Back