Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Good Gawd, my new-growth drives me crazy when it grows in. It's like it's saying "Here I am, you will respect my authority!" There will be preparations for a relaxer in the very near future. Wash day will be even sooner.

Yes ma'am... my 6-month stretch dreams are over. I'm going for 4 but my new growth is saying otherwise. It's not matted, tangled or unruly but I feel like it's getting an attitude (around my crown especially) now that it's a lot thicker and having shoulder length hair looking and acting crazy is not the business.

Well I've been natural for about a week now. And I remembered everything I hated about being natural. So I'm going back to being a tex-laxer; while I PS in braids for another year.

Part of me feels I should wait until I'm done with my year-long PSing; before texlaxing.

But I know myself. I will get tired of the braids and want to wear my hair out.

@movingforward what do you hate about being natural?
I'm transitioning from texlax to natural and I often wonder if I'm doing the right thing. I really liked my texlaxed hair but I hated the inconsistency of the results.

Crossing my fingers that the muru muru moisture milk from Amazon Tropical Rain Forest- or Amazon Forest- or Rain Forest- whatever the heck Pura Body is now (seriously, I can NEVER remember the new name) is just as good, if not better, than the old formula.

Finally decided to stop being lazy and wash my hair. Now let's see how long I have this dc in :look:

I'm trying out the Mystic Divine nourishing masque. I liked the feel of it when I was applying it but let's see how my hair feels after I wash it out.

I love the way that masque feels going on. It detangled so well and smooths. But when I rinsed it out my hair wasn't super soft or anything.

Kinky textured naturals, is it normal for you to get 4 uses or less from an average sized product? I get 1-2 uses out of an average sized bottle of rinse out conditioner. And I've gotten about 4 uses out of this $25 Camille rose twist butter. o_O.

This is why I'm slowly giving up on commercial products. I get 4 uses total, with the 4th use usually being a struggle. I prefer natural oils and butters that come in bulk sizes and very cheap conditioners like Suave & Giovanni. (I get a huge pump bottle of giovanni @ TJMAXX for only $13.)

@Britt im glad you have a sense of humor about it. I promise it gets better. Whether you heat train or wait it out, just a few inches of length can change your styling options, especially when you're natural. That Supremes roller set will be hanging and swinging in no time. :2inlove:

Girl idk! I'm sooo getting annoyed and kinda tired of the shrunken twist outs. My concern is really pulling it together impromptu. I do need some more length. I miss being able to do a bun or pin my hair up and keep it moving. I'm gonna try to explore blow dried options.

Girl idk! I'm sooo getting annoyed and kinda tired of the shrunken twist outs. My concern is really pulling it together impromptu. I do need some more length. I miss being able to do a bun or pin my hair up and keep it moving. I'm gonna try to explore blow dried options.
Maybe get some braids or a weave for 2-3 months? Lots of styling options there and your hair can grow safely tucked away.

I want to get a sew in because I'm a lazy natural. But, the lady who did my hair a week ago charge 250 for a sew in and that doesn't even include the style.

SMH..I guess I need to buy a wig and KIM.

Kinky textured naturals, is it normal for you to get 4 uses or less from an average sized product? I get 1-2 uses out of an average sized bottle of rinse out conditioner. And I've gotten about 4 uses out of this $25 Camille rose twist butter. o_O.

Look into buying bases. I got a gallon (128 oz ) of conditioner for $34. I use organic creations bases, but there are alot more if you google conditioner bases

I love the way that masque feels going on. It detangled so well and smooths. But when I rinsed it out my hair wasn't super soft or anything.
Yeah I wasn't too impressed. Happy it was only the trial packets that I paid 99¢ for. I wouldn't purchase a full size unless it was half off. The Aussie 3 minute miracle makes my hair feel better than this.

Maybe get some braids or a weave for 2-3 months? Lots of styling options there and your hair can grow safely tucked away.
Thank you! I really would like to put in some of my weave hair, but it's the straight weave I want to rock but I run the risk of damaging my leave out. I'm very much tempted to put it in and maybe see if I can get away with flat ironing my leave out like once a week. In the meantime, I'm gonna try and blow dry my hair and try some Caruso rollers and see how that works. I do miss the length and fullness of longer hair. I miss my extensions plus relaxed texture weave lol.

That in between length just before sl is a nightmare. At that time I contemplated texlaxing and heat training too. A lot! Lol. Im SL now and its better.

Do you have a go to up do that looks good on you?

I have a life too (work a lot, single mom, socializing) and found a 3 minute tuck and roll is a lifesaver. I keep a few bobby pins and a decorative comb on me when I need to wrestle it into a roll. Sometimes I leave the bangs and/or crown loose.

No, I tried the pin and tuck couple of times and it doesn't look too good as yet. I think it's b/c the back of my hair isn't long enough so my 'tuck' at the back looks a little struggle and not full.

I opened a new bottle of JBCO yesterday and realized the bottle I just used up was watered down. The smoky smell was very strong with the new bottle, but the old bottle not so much. I also noticed other changes in my hair and I think it was due to the watered version. I will be ordering it from the same vendor on Amazon from now on. The local BS will not get my money for this product again.

I opened a new bottle of JBCO yesterday and realized the bottle I just used up was watered down. The smoky smell was very strong with the new bottle, but the old bottle not so much. I also noticed other changes in my hair and I think it was due to the watered version. I will be ordering it from the same vendor on Amazon from now on. The local BS will not get my money for this product again.
What was the vendors name? What brand name is the better castor oil?

Back