Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I believe I finally know why my hair hates the keracare moisturizing shampoo but loves the first step...the pH. The moisturizing shampoo pH is 6 while the 1st is 4.5. I remember my hair really liking the keracare moisturizing shampoo before but maybe my hair was not as healthy because now this shampoo causes my hair to tangle from root to tip.

Do you know how much hair I have to have on my head for it to look this short? LOL. Time for a blow out so I can show some length.

Starting my transition from summer/fall to winter hair regimen. Need a good natural heavy seal. Maybe lanolin.... she like lanolin.

For the first time in my life EVER I was able to detangle my hair (which had been hidden for 2 weeks straight) in about 40 mins. And it only took that long because I kept staring at it in the mirror and taking pics :look:

MINIMAL tangling/breakage.
My hair was still fluffy, stretched and moisturised.

I am so hype right nah!

I don't like doing natural hair in a salon because people don't have the patience. I would love to do a nice braid out, twist out or even wash and go and diffuse it. But I really feel like black people do not have the patience. I don't get it if you can get a sew in and sit for 4 plus hours but when it's your hair you don't have the time. Don't come to a salon when you have to be out in a hour.

Last edited:
I had one client who I was doing a braid out and used perm rods at the end and this lady had to be to work in like a hour and a half. Then on top of that she was nodding off so her hair wasn't getting dry. She had very thin hair and it should of been dry. When I took it out, her hair only had definition on the ends and the rest was still wet and looked like a regular fro. I had another client and ended up blow drying her hair and straightening. She complained about she didn't like straight hair and her man hated it and her hair is too thin to straighten. I straighten her hair anyway. It was her fault that it wasn't dry. Even in 20 minutes it wouldn't be dry. I took it as I don't know natural hair which is a lie. Then I helped a non black girl do a black lady's hair with curl formers and it did not come out the way she wanted. I didn't see the results because I was in class while the girl was on the floor but she complained about how she wanted a braid out before. You can't walk into a cosmetology school with majority white and Mexicans and think they know what to do. PERIOD. Now I'm afraid to even touch natural hair or refuse to do it

I still don't feel like I need practice on natural hair. Maybe I need to see products that are good for smoothing natural hair. But majority of salon products, I don't like and feel it's expensive garbage.

I will be doing my hair maybe tomorrow or Sunday and I will be straightening it again which I'm scared to even say this because yal know I'm anti heat but I mentioned I think I will be going back to heat because I feel like myself again. I like the occasional curls but curls frizz up quickly especially with me moisturizing sealing and I was washing my hair weekly so it was like 5 days worth of frizz and me trying to squeeze out a style that made it presentable with the curls. My hair was super drawn out. Just on the look out for a good heat protectant other than tresemme' . I want something like a light serum or cream texture so I won't have to worry about over saturation and it being wet before I straighten. Any suggestions?

Even though it has a lot of ingredients, I'm interested. I was looking for something that would not weigh your hair down and and her hair above wasn't. I already think after straightening my hair my hair looks a lot thinner which it is supposed to because it smoothes the hair down but I don't want products making my hair look like it's paper think and that what I fear with creams and serums

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-20-17-45-05-1.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-20-17-45-05-1.png
    475.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_2015-11-20-17-45-14-1.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-20-17-45-14-1.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_2015-11-20-17-49-41-1.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-20-17-49-41-1.png
    568.1 KB · Views: 13
Lazy hair night for me. I'll moisturize and roll it tomorrow night. As for tonight a quick pin up with a bobbi pin and my bonnet! I'm too tired to do anything related to hair.

Although I decided to PS in braids for about a year. Dealing with my hair for about a week. Encouraged me to go back to being a Texlaxer.

I cant deal with all of the frizziness. Linnage Shea Butter relaxer here i come.

I don't like doing natural hair in a salon because people don't have the patience. I would love to do a nice braid out, twist out or even wash and go and diffuse it. But I really feel like black people do not have the patience. I don't get it if you can get a sew in and sit for 4 plus hours but when it's your hair you don't have the time. Don't come to a salon when you have to be out in a hour.

I don't think you should give up on natural hair especially if you plan on working in a black salon. Take each experience as a lesson. In this instance since you know about the long drying time, tell your client beforehand approx how long it will take and if she really wants that style.

I'm pretty good at doing color now but when I was learning I ended up ruining one of my clients top badly. I was scared to color again but after some practice both on mannequins and people I can mix and color hair easily. You just need to get back on the horse!

I now know how fast my hair grows in a year=4.25in p/y. I shaved my head completely bald this time last year(down to the white meat:nervous2:). Of course I was still scissor happy when I started to get a little hair on my head:nono: So I figured, all the S&Ds and trims were about an inch/half..the different areas of my head measure 3.12-3.5 inches of hair. I'm completely ok with that:pepper:My goal is to retain at least 4 of the 4.5 inches next year. My products and regimen are solid so it should be easy to do. Trying to ween (sp?) myself off of the scissors (following the Grow It Long thread) and my awful HIH disease:pullhair:.

Last edited:
I don't think you should give up on natural hair especially if you plan on working in a black salon. Take each experience as a lesson. In this instance since you know about the long drying time, tell your client beforehand approx how long it will take and if she really wants that style.

I'm pretty good at doing color now but when I was learning I ended up ruining one of my clients top badly. I was scared to color again but after some practice both on mannequins and people I can mix and color hair easily. You just need to get back on the horse!

I don't want to work in a black salon. I want to work with different textures to get all around experience and not have to turn down money. But I do enjoy doing black hair because we see a big difference in our hair the most when it's done and well taken care of

Last edited:
I tried to do a frohawk today and it just looked :nono: I mean, the style itself was OK, but it looked dry to me. I can't figure out how to keep my hair moisturized for the life of me. I probably need a trim too. This natural life is hard.

I did!! I worked great. I'm going to have to tone but otherwise I loved it
I have wanted to dye my hair for years, but I was afraid it would break off since my hair is prone to dryness, but Olaplex seems like a game changer. Did you color it yourself, or go to a salon?

I had one client who I was doing a braid out and used perm rods at the end and this lady had to be to work in like a hour and a half. Then on top of that she was nodding off so her hair wasn't getting dry. She had very thin hair and it should of been dry. When I took it out, her hair only had definition on the ends and the rest was still wet and looked like a regular fro. I had another client and ended up blow drying her hair and straightening. She complained about she didn't like straight hair and her man hated it and her hair is too thin to straighten. I straighten her hair anyway. It was her fault that it wasn't dry. Even in 20 minutes it wouldn't be dry. I took it as I don't know natural hair which is a lie. Then I helped a non black girl do a black lady's hair with curl formers and it did not come out the way she wanted. I didn't see the results because I was in class while the girl was on the floor but she complained about how she wanted a braid out before. You can't walk into a cosmetology school with majority white and Mexicans and think they know what to do. PERIOD. Now I'm afraid to even touch natural hair or refuse to do it

What if you had put a net over braid-out lady's hair and sat her under the dryer?

Back