Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Why does my hair look its best when it's time to wash it? I was tempted to skip washing it today since it looks so good, but my scalp is screaming, "Nooooo! You betta wash me!"

If I could have 7th day hair on a freshly washed scalp, I could rule the world.

I was just noticing that my hair looks best on day 4-5 and I wash every 6-7 days. It's not fair.

I did 3 strand twists today, and I may be regretting it the next few days because of the humidity and rain. Hopefully I can still keep them looking nice because it sure did take just over 4 hours from wash to last twist. I need some love from the natural hair gawds.

Oh, and why does the front of my hair have almost no curl, but more of a wave, yet it's not damaged by heat nor chemicals? Everywhere else is curly, but in the front, it just looks almost straight. So weird! No relaxer since December 2011, and I use direct heat maybe 4x a year.

Sometimes this natural hair is mind boggling!

What I learned this weekend:

-My hair color is everything and I will neva evah evah give it up.
-I need to straighten once per month to check the status of my ends. Curly hair hides errythang.
-Team rollersetting.
-My hair is way longer than I thought.
-Natural hair makes me lazy.
-I don't give my ends enough love.
-Fine hair needs more frequent trims (at least mine does).
-DH can trim his ass off.
-Team protein.

I put this in the Nov purchase thread too, but here is muh new wig that I'm getting made! Pic attached! I'm very excited! I miss my short hair cut, and it will be a new protective style for me! For what I want, she is quoting $150! She is a stylist, and very focused on healthy hair care as well!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-16-20-08-20.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-16-20-08-20.png
    448.7 KB · Views: 27
I love Aunjaune Ellis' twistouts on Quantico. I wish I could get mine to look (and stay) like that. I'm getting better and closer!
tumblr_nvks7dyLEH1uvu4leo1_500.png
1833x733.jpg
1fe1129769d4c6d2ec0bbb433ba67a35.jpg

My sally's card snapped in half. I wonder if they replace it will I be given a new number and then all my points and stuff on my old one would be in limbo and then wasted?

I went to a large BSS over the weekend called Hair Town (Philly). The store had all black women as customers and NOT ONE PERSON IN THERE WAS WEARING THEIR OWN HAIR (except the SA's)!! It made me feel a certain way and I don't know why because I usually don't care. Even the children were pointing at mannequin heads with wigs in anticipation that they could wear them one day because their own hair wasn't good enough.

I think what rubbed me the wrong way was the asian workers in there just grinning at us all with evil smirks. Not to mention that they were playing Lil Wayne at volume ten...Was that supposed to make me feel like you are "down" and can relate Ming Li? Well you can't.

LOL @ "Ming Li"

Thank you for the giggle.

Straightened my hair Tuesday and it didn't come out as sleek and straight as I wanted. Thinking of trying curlformers to stretch my hair next time.

How has it affected your curl pattern?

It's looser but not drastically looser. My shrinkage was about 75% before, it's about the same now. I've been a straight natural since August.

I'm color treated also and those areas are a bit looser than all the rest but still at least has a 50% shrinkage point.

It's looser but not drastically looser. My shrinkage was about 75% before, it's about the same now. I've been a straight natural since August.

I'm color treated also and those areas are a bit looser than all the rest but still at least has a 50% shrinkage point.
How often do you straighten?

I need to keep telling myself consistency and patience is key. I'm just frustrated right now with my weight loss and my hair thickness journey. I just need to know that I'm doing everything right and I should just continue to be consistent and work hard. I need to make a vision board

Back