quick suggestion for college students

gymfreak336

I myself am in college.(chemistry major at NCAT in greensboro nc). To save money on hair care especially when you are not a rollersetting master is to locate the nearest beauty school. I go to leons beauty school and get a rollerset for 8 bucks. I either wash and condition before I go or bring my own products. If you normally spend 25-30 bucks on one set, you could spend the same amount of money on 3-4 sets. Just thought I share. Its an easy way to save money. I get all of my basic things done here because its cheaper and I usually get the results I want. I find that students are really eager to please and listen more to what YOU want, not just what they think looks good. :)

Great suggestion. Going to a beauty school to get your hair styled is a good option for saving money (if you don't know someone in the dorms that can hook you up for cheap). I just don't know about letting them test their skills putting chemicals in your hair ;) .

gymfreak336 said:
I myself am in college.(chemistry major at NCAT in greensboro nc). To save money on hair care especially when you are not a rollersetting master is to locate the nearest beauty school. I go to leons beauty school and get a rollerset for 8 bucks. I either wash and condition before I go or bring my own products. If you normally spend 25-30 bucks on one set, you could spend the same amount of money on 3-4 sets. Just thought I share. Its an easy way to save money. I get all of my basic things done here because its cheaper and I usually get the results I want. I find that students are really eager to please and listen more to what YOU want, not just what they think looks good. :)

Just want to say....

AGGIE PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMO said:
Great suggestion. Going to a beauty school to get your hair styled is a good option for saving money (if you don't know someone in the dorms that can hook you up for cheap). I just don't know about letting them test their skills putting chemicals in your hair ;) .

I totally understand. I had a relaxer there once before and it was pretty good. I am acutally going there tomorrow to get my hair done before work.

That's a good idea. I'm sure they would go all out to make sure they do the best job on your hair. :yep:

lol, oh Lordy, not all the Aggie Pride again. I hear enough of it from people I know who go there :lol: . Anyway, my friend went to a beauty school in nashville and got her hair rollerset for $8 also I think (I'm not sure of the price, but I know it was $10 or under). She said that the woman who did her hair (she was white) didn't really understand how to roll the hair:confused: :lachen: . Even though she's working on someone with ethnic hair, rolling hair is rolling hair...I don't get how the lady could not have understood how to rollerset my friend's hair (her hair is relaxed). Well, in the end, her rollerset came out very nice:)

ETA:
I'm sooooo glad, I GO TO TSU!!!!!!!!!
I'm soooo glad, I GO TO TSU!!!!!!!
I'm...so...glad..that I go to TSU!!!!!!
Singing Glory Hallelujah!!!
(Wooooooooo)
I'mmmm soooo glad!!!!!

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back