Questions: Lye conditioners need more moisture or No-lye?

chicacanella

Questions: Lye Relaxers need more moisture or No-lye?

I remember a thread a while ago talking about which type of relaxer needs more moisure and which one doesn't. I can't remember the thread, but if you know the answer to my question could you please post it.

Thanks.

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken No-lye is the one that needs more moisture. I'm sure the experts will chime in soon!

If I'm not mistaken No-lye is the one that needs more moisture. I'm sure the experts will chime in soon!

:yep:...yes you are right...no lye needs more moisture. No lye relaxers over time dries your hair/scalp out. I've read in several books and I've talked to several hair stylist that Lye relaxers are much better for our hair. Hope I helped...

Lye Relaxer are harsher on the scalp and gentler on the hair.

No-Lye are gentler on the scalp and harsher on the hair.

However with Lye and the proper application, you can prevent any damage to the scalp.

Don't use Lye if you have any kind of adverse scalp condition or irritation. I used No-Lye all my life and never understood why my hair was always so dry. I had been drilled into my head that Lye is too harsh for my fine hair. Through research I found that this is not true. Since I've turned to Lye, I have had less damage, less, shedding, less, breakage and less dryness. If you have concern for the scalp, use a mild Lye formula. I use ORS Lye for Fine/Medium Textured hair and have no problems. To the relaxer, I add about 1 or 2 tablespoons of EVOO or Almond Oil. You can add any kind of oil you want. I find that this helps in keeping the relaxer from overprocessing and protecting/soothing the scalp.

Back