questions about shea butter

naturallyme

when i get my gc from amazon, i'm going to be buying some shea butter for the first time online. i want to know is there anywhere else u can store your shea butter besides the fridge? and when u use it do u moisturize once, or twice a week? does it cause buildup? thanks in advance!

You can store it somewhere that is cool and dark, wrapped in plastic wrap or a a zip storage bag. I order mine online too and it comes in a plastic tub with a tight fitting lid, so i just keep it in that. I use it two or three times a week on my hair. My hair sucks up everything, so buildup hasn't been much of an issue for me. (But I have heard that for others, it can build up) It is heavy, so a little bit goes a looooooonnnng way. :look:

Last edited:
I bought some on eBay last year. I kept it the plastic container it was shipped in, and it never turned. I ended up using it as a skin moisturizer. I was being cheap and didn't want to spend extra on my wonderful Mango butter for my hair :perplexed...

I have never stored mine in the fridge. I just keep it in the closet along with the rest of my hair products. Been doing this for years.

anherica said:
You can store it somewhere that is cool and dark, wrapped in plastic wrap or a a zip storage bag. I order mine online too and it comes in a plastic tub with a tight fitting lid, so i just keep it in that. I use it two or three times a week on my hair. My hair sucks up everything, so buildup hasn't been much of an issue for me. (But I have heard that for others, it can build up) It is heavy, so a little bit goes a looooooonnnng way. :look:

thanks ladies!!

what about using shea butter and then co washing will it cause build up?

Back