Question: Ladies, what do you use to secure your hair when you rock a PUFF? Pics Plz.

Diva_Esq

What hair toys/ tools/ etc. do you use to secure your puff?

Any tips you can share? Products that you like to use when you puff?

Do you puff dry? Wet?

Post pics of your puff and any hair toys/ tools/ bands you use to form your puff, please.

Thanks!

Here's a pic of the 1st puff I ever attempted:
picture.php

I used a goody ouchless, no slip headband wrapped around twice and my hair was about 90% dry. But I am looking for other methods. I don't want a pony (small), I want a big puff. Thanks for helping!

Re: Question: Ladies, what do you use to secure your hair when you rock a PUFF? Pics

A knee high stocking.

Re: Question: Ladies, what do you use to secure your hair when you rock a PUFF? Pics

I always puff dry. I use an old do rag scarf..lol. Many people use old nylon stockings to secure. Your puff is beautiful!!!

I use a cheapo stretchy headband from Target or the dollar store... I can wrap it around comfortably. Doesn't matter what color it is, as the mountain of curls totally covers it anyway.

A knee high stocking.

How exactly do you use the stocking?

I always puff dry. I use an old do rag scarf..lol. Many people use old nylon stockings to secure. Your puff is beautiful!!!

How do you use the stocking, please? I'm slow. :(

ETA: Thanks for the compliment! :)

I use a cheapo stretchy headband from Target or the dollar store... I can wrap it around comfortably. Doesn't matter what color it is, as the mountain of curls totally covers it anyway.

My curls have covered the band when I used one too. Thanks.

Last edited:

Good thread. I was wondering the same thing.

one of those big ouchless headbands. I'll see if i can find some and post pix, i haven't used them in fifty years.

I used a old knee high stockings (i like this one) and I used those stretchy hair bands but my head is huge so I can't wrap around twice. I do this on dry hair.

I cut the leg off some pantyhose and use that

mostly silk pony holders.
sometimes banana clips, especially on a twistout.

I use Goodie bands and an old pair of opaque tights that I cut into two bands.

Yes, I had some opaque stocking, I cut off the leg, gathered my hair (added my gel), and tied it around the hair...It came out looking like the attachment...

ETA: Excuse the crazy face!

Attachments

• updo natural2.jpg
    updo natural2.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 27

I use a knee high but after seeing Nonies puff with the goody, I will be switching up.

one of those big ouchless headbands. I'll see if i can find some and post pix, i haven't used them in fifty years.

Your hair is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Stalker alert! :ninja: LOL

Beautiful puff!!!!!

Yes, I had some opaque stocking, I cut off the leg, gathered my hair (added my gel), and tied it around the hair...It came out looking like the attachment...

ETA: Excuse the crazy face!

Pretty! I like it!

I use a knee high but after seeing Nonies puff with the goody, I will be switching up.

Ain't it beautiful! :)

when i was wearing puff regularly, i used to use bobby pins because nylon stocking hurt my head. i would just push my hair back to where i wanted it with my hand and then i would pin it down. i did that all around my head. it was way more comfortable, no headaches!

Scarf or fabric remnant, nylon, silk or cotton. I keep an eye out for them. The one in my avatar is a nylon scarf from the CVS clearance table.

I have used many items to create my puffs ... though I could never get the nylon stocking thing to work for me. Here are my faves:

Puff using Goody Ouchess Hair Band on dry hair that was spritzed until damp
090808Puff1-vi.jpg

Puff Using Banana Clip on dry hair (braid out on a humid day)
042409BananaPuff1-vi.jpg

Puff using Hairzing on dry hair
031310Puff1-vi.jpg

Back