Question for Megatek users

metro_qt

Hey guys, I saw a thread about Megatek, and remembered how fast my hair grew in 2008 when using it.
I decided that I would get another bottle only to find out they've changed the formula, and my seller here in the city no longer sells it!

What do you guys know about Megatek for pets?
Here's what I read about it at a Hair Salon Website, here in Toronto, selling the Megatek pet rebuilder to its clients...

(The picture of the bottle on the site is the OLD bottle, without the flowers)

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with this product

eQyss Mega-Tek - Hair Regrow<Call for Booking an Appointment:905.762.0211 7724 Yonge St. Thornhill, Ontario L4J 1W2Thornhill Hair Salon

Mega-Tek - Regrows Hair Coat Rebuilder

For men and women who are losing hair. Mega-Tek regrows hair 10 to 50% faster and makes it 30% stronger so less hair falls out, and reduces hair loss dramatically. You will see a difference the first time you use it. Anyone concerned about losing his or her hair should be using this product. It absolutely works like we say it will.

Used like a conditioner 3 times a week after shampooing, your hair will be thicker and fuller. Just rub a small amount in your hair for 2 to 5 minutes and then rinse out. It works faster if used with EQyss Premier Shampoo.

Chemotherapy patients have really liked this product because it grows their hair back faster and they lose less hair during the treatment. It is also used by people who are experiencing hair loss due to high blood pressure medication.

Mega-Tek will re-grow your fingernails up to 50% faster and make them 30% stronger. Apply a little on your cuticle daily and you will have finger nails like you have never seen before. It can also be used as a super-moisturizer for dry, calloused hands.

it stimulates and promotes rapid hair and skin repair without the use of silicone, synthetic polymers, oils or petroleum based products
corrects the structure of weakened, dry damaged coats and skin
binds protein to the coat, returning elasticity and restoring strength
removes damaging toxins, medications and chemical residues from hair
detangles severely matted hair

http://www.2hotblondeshair.com/Regrows-Hair-Mega-Tek-Coat-Rebuilder.php

@metro_qt

I was curious, so... I did a little research.

Here is what one EQyss Megatek reseller (Arcata Pet Supplies) posts on their website, regarding Megatek's supposed formula change.

[Below that, is a letter - reportedly issued by the makers of EQyss Megatek Rebuilder - denying that a reformulation of the product has ever taken place.]

"Some of the Eqyss products have recently had their labels, ingredient wording, and order of ingredient listing changed. This has caused speculation that the products are not the same and/or are not as effective as they used to be; however this is not true. Eqyss products have NOT changed their ingredients for over 21 years. The wording was changed to facilitate sales in international markets and the order of ingredient listing was changed to reflect the amount of the ingredient relative to other ingredients. Eqyss has published a letter explaining this, which you can view by clicking here."

EQyss Grooming Products
BOX 130008 • CARLSBAD, CA 92013-0008 • 800-526-7469 ext. 108 • FAX 760-599-0808 • www.eqyss.com[email protected]

Re : EQyss Ingredients

In order to satisfy labeling requirements for Europe and Australia, we have changed some of the names of the ingredients listed on our labels to INCI names, which are accepted internationally. INCI stands for the International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients. The order in which some ingredients listed on our label has changed as well. They are now listed in descending order by percentage of each ingredient in the product. This is also required for grooming products in Europe and Australia, and the primary reason for this change.

Please note that in the United States, animal products are not required by law to even have an ingredient listing. The order of the ingredient listing is not regulated either.

However, we have always listed our ingredients so the consumer knows exactly what is in each of our products. There are other manufacturers in this industry that list only the ingredients that they want you to see on their labels.

Our formulas have not changed. We have simply made some modifications to the label for both esthetics and regulatory requirements worldwide.

We hope this clears up any questions you have about our products.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Marvin Ledford
GM / National Sales Manager
EQyss Grooming Products, Inc.
Source

Back