Question: BKT, Natural Hair and Weaves. Are these Things Compatible?

aprilbiz

Hey Ladies!

I'm trying to get caught up on what BKTs are all about. I'm wondering if anyone naturals out there have gotten a BKT and worn a weave?

I really want to keep my natural hair but I'm also interested in getting a natural looking straight/relaxed looking weave. I fear a full weave will not look natural as it seems it's difficult for people to create a natural looking part in the hair, so I would prefer a partial weave.

I thought I'd ask the experts here for suggestions.

well... i've never done the BKT but know people (virtual people) who have and there's no incompatibility w/ BKT and weaving.

however, just cuz you BKT doesn't mean you won't have to straighten your hair. the BKT is only loosening your curl pattern but it will not leave your hair bone straight after the initial wash, which is what you will in order to blend w/ your texture selections.

iMO stick w/ a weave that matches your hair texture and forego the BKT and regular straightening of your leaveout.

I use to do bkt on my leave-out while I was wearing weaves. My leave-out was already heat damage from flatironing too much and I was slowly cutting the straightish pieces. My last bkt caused more heat damage but no breakage (my ends are straight the middle is wavy and the beginning is good from me growing my hair out.) Bkt only loosens the curl so you will still have to straighten the hair if you want to blend w/ your weave.

Back